Hello Everyone!

If you need any assistance in regards to:

• Kenyan Visa
  • Invitation Letter for Visa processing

Contact events@openmrs.org

Also find more relevant information below:

:kenya: KARIBU KENYA! :kenya:

Invitation Letters for VISA processing & Visas

The OpenMRS and HELINA conference will be held in Nairobi, Kenya from 3rd December to 8th December 2018. As an attendee to these conference and not residing in Kenya, kindly consider the visa information provided "HERE" to guide your travelling plans.

Vaccinations

If traveling with prescription medication, check with the Government of Kenya to ensure that the medication is legal in Kenya. Always carry your prescription medication in original packaging with your doctor’s prescription. The Government of Kenya requires proof of yellow fever vaccination for travelers who are arriving from a country with risk of yellow fever.

For more information on vaccines and medication required when travelling to Kenya, please review this link " HERE".

Transportation

Airport Transfers

We will be providing airport transportation to and from the venue for all registrants staying at the conference venue. This is a complimentary service provided by OpenMRS and the Kenyan team. In order to help us coordinate pickup, please tell us your flight details by filling up this form.

Transport will be provided to and from site visits.

More Details

Accommodation

Accommodation is not included in conference registration fees. Thus find the following:-

Mövenpick Hotel & Residences Nairobi (OpenMRS Conference Venue)

A 5-star hotel that charms with its African design, uplifting atmosphere, open spaces, cool features and panoramic views. Situated in the popular Westlands district, Mövenpick Hotel & Residences Nairobi is the perfect base to explore Kenya’s capital while staying for business or leisure. Dine in the spectacular 360-degree revolving restaurant that complements two more restaurants, two bars and a lobby lounge. Offers a swimming pool, spa and health club among other facilities.

Room Rates

Room Type Rates
Single USD $150
Shared USD $170
Bookings
Make your Mövenpick accommodation bookings via the link HERE!

Meals

Meals will be provided at the venue, part of the registration fee. This includes:

• Tea/Coffee Breaks with snacks (4th to 7th Dec 2018)
  • Lunches (4th to 7th Dec 2018)
  • 1 Gala Dinner (Tuesday 4th December 2018)
3 Likes

@irenyak1 , @jwnasambu have you seen this ?

@christine can’t really find Visa info about the cost.

@tendomart you do not need a visa from Uganda to Kenya.

1 Like

@dkayiwa I thought i needed one.Thanks

@tendomart are you sure you have ever been prevented from entering Kenya because of visa? A Ugandan?

1 Like

@christine, we(Me and Sanjay) from possible have not yet received Invitation Letter for Visa processing. we have already mailed to events@openmrs.org regarding this and also we are not able to book movenpick double/twin room for the events days. Please let us know

@tendomart seriously a visa? this call for emergency meeting for East Africa presidents. @dkayiwa I really understand this year Tendo doesn’t want to risk missing the conference.

@tendomart I get you on this, better safe than sorry.