#OMRS18 Payments & Registrations are Opened.

Registrations!

The OMRS 2018 registrations are now open!!!:+1:

The information collected will be mainly used in the planning of this conference,such as scholarship applications, logistical arrangements and hackathon attendance. Please ensure if travelling as a group or being sponsored by an organisation, each individual needs to register using the registration form.

Now!→ December 3, 2018 8:59 PM

The conference registration packages are as follows:-

Package Opened Dates Rate
Early Bird Closed! USD $350
Regular Closed! USD $400
Late & On-Site From 26th November USD $450

Kindly find more information on registration here: Registrations or go directly to the google Registration form and register.

Scholarships!

Scholarship applications are closed! → October 19, 2018 8:59 PM.

Thank you for all of those that applied for a travel grant.

Our application period is now closed and awardees have been notified of their grant. We unfortunately could not afford to support all of the applicants this year, but recognize all of the applicants’ valuable participation in the community and are enthusiastic in your continued contributions.

If you have any questions about the travel grants, please contact events@openmrs.org.

Payments and Ticketing!

You can now start making payments for your registration! There are three payment options available to pay for your OMRS18 registration fee:-

1. Via Brown Paper Tickets - Opened!

Now → December 3, 2018 8:59 PM

Brown Paper Tickets can be used for those that cannot use PayPal or Wire Transfers. Brown Paper Ticket Payment Link.

2. Via PayPal - Opened!

Now → December 3, 2018 8:59 PM

Click here to purchase your ticket through PayPal!

3. Via Wire Transfers - Closed!

Now→ November 26, 2018 8:59 PM

For all wire transfers, please email events[@]openmrs.org so we can appropriately credit your registration.

Kindly find more information on payments here: Payments

See you soon!

2 Likes

It appears one cannot register until flights have been purchased, since the form requires flight details.

This seems particularly troublesome for people applying for scholarships. Are they expected to purchase flights before knowing if they can come?

Can the flight info be optional?

2 Likes

@jeffneiman yes! @akanter & @burke had similar concerns.

Its important for the form to be split. That has been settled in the new form.

1 Like

Also, the questions about accommodation only point you to the hotel site, it is not necessary to have your hotel reservation prior to completing the registration.

2 Likes

Can we remove the flight and accommodation sections from the registration? Historically we’ve sent out a separate form for flight information. This way people can register (especially scholarship applicants) and get their early bird rates!

1 Like

Early bird registrations are closed!

Regular ticket registrations are now closed!

Late Registrations are now ongoing.

For more information on registrations go to: 2018 Implementers Conference - Resources - OpenMRS Wiki Don’t miss out!

Scholarships Awarded!

i found the registration form confusing; I can register with little information, but it isn’t clear how i pay. I assume brown paper tickets is going to bill me but that is only an assumption.

@terry, thank you for your feedback. The form is designed in such a way it allows all members who are planning to attend, to register and proceed to make payments later on but within the given timeframes of early bird, normal and late registrations.

We have also included an acknowledgment note on the form such that, once you submit your form it provides a link to the wiki. The wiki provides the different payment options for participants to use.

I have however updated the wiki to clarify that one needs to make a payment using one of the methods provided after they register.