OCL for OpenMRS squad

Hello this is a reminder to join us for the OCL/OCL for OpenMRS Squad meeting to be held today (Wednesday, 11 March 2020) and every Wednesday : https://iu.zoom.us/j/750230470.

We do have some time changes due to the difference in time zones

5pm EAT | 2pm UTC | 10am Boston | 7am Seattle

Agenda

-Reportiing on testing of the new code base

-About the on boarding sessions

Squad: @mozzy @jennifer @jecihjoy @jdick @kuang @whiscard @dkayiwa @darius @akanter @burke @jwnasambu @irenyak1 @tendomart @mseaton @mogoodrich @karuhanga @paynejd @ibacher

2 Likes

@herbert24 I assume that this post was meant to say tomorrow (Wednesday, 11 March 2020)?

3 Likes

thats true ian, thanks much just fixed it

1 Like

@herbert kindly tag me too when making these communications so as to get a notification otherwise thanks for the reminders thus

that must be fine,though there is one i tagged you on this thread and have not yet got any updates.about the progress

A gentle reminder to all those on the on boarding session to checkout these comments that i made here two days back "as we get ready for the Thursday’s on boarding session,i would like to hear from those under the on-boarding session,kindly drop here some information about your progress with the react tutorials. in case of any blockers,it is also important to drop them here.For the Thursday session,you are kindly requested to prepare some demo on the works that you have covered so that we have them presented during that day. thanks " cc @jwnasambu @sharif @tendomart @irenyak1 @reagan @dkayiwa @paynejd @jennifer

About the current standing of OCL. During the pm call today,a couple of things have been raised that i would like to make clear here.

1. Currently,we are on the step of migrating to a new code base.

2. For the new code base,it lacks tests that are being worked on for example the login, dictionary creation, viewing dictionary tests are now on github

3. We do not have a running sprint as per our last discussions since we intend to migrate to a new code base.From this point we don’t expect members to be interacting with the ocl board since a new code base is not yet ready.

4)As soon as every thing gets organised around the board,we shall make a communication.This will come in after the final conclusion on the code base.

@karuhanga kindly look at the above,you might have missed out on a couple of things.

Thanks @akanter for sharing a couple of views on how to get things better organised during the call. @tendomart kindly share today’s notes

@mozzy @jennifer @jecihjoy @jdick @kuang @whiscard @dkayiwa @darius @akanter @burke @jwnasambu @irenyak1 @tendomart @mseaton @mogoodrich @karuhanga @paynejd @ibacher

I spent some time following our call today to organize and update our notes on the Wiki. This includes setting up a weekly notes page that can serve as a parent page for all OCL for OpenMRS meeting notes pages on the Wiki. Please let me know what you think and suggest any improvements.

Note that it takes a while for recordings to be processed and published, so I’ll upload today’s meeting recording later today.

I have created a new page on the Wiki where we can provide links to all of our weekly meeting notes.

thanks @jennifer hei @tendomart when you happen to get some time,could you add the notes on the above link from @jennifer

This is already done: I moved them from Project Management to OCL for OpenMRS Weekly Meetings and added the link to the OCL for OpenMRS Weekly Meetings page.

1 Like

thanks @jennifer

Sorry I missed the call…will try to follow the notes to get up to speed…Otherwise @herbert24 I have been able to grasp what I think may be sufficient to get things done at a minimum level…Due to lack of clarity at the start I had gone ahead and claimed and worked on a ticket which I created a PR for https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/OCLOMRS-729 which you could review and see if you can leave some comments though during the last meeting but one I received clarity to halt any work as we wait for the new code-base…So am just waiting…

Finally the network has stabilized and this is the new error log https://pastebin.com/fkZPyX14

With the stabilised connection,

Try delete the node_modules folder in C:\Users\JULIE\OpenMRS-Tickets\openmrs-ocl-client

Then run this command: npm cache clean --force

Finally run: npm install again.

This is what I get https://pastebin.com/dvQJMSDc

@herbert24 True i will

Thanks @jennifer

Hi every one,this is a gentle reminder that we shall be checking on the progress for all those on the on boarding session today at 5pm EAT here uberconference.com/openmrs.

Hope guys prepared us some demoz as earlier communicated cc @karuhanga @sharif @ @reagan @jwnasambu @tendomart @jennifer

Hi every one,today we shall not have the ocl call since we have a few items to discuss which i want to just write here.

1)We are still on the step of writing tests for OCL version 2,Lincoln had written some and had promised to get done with them by early this week though i have tried to reach out to him and no response yet.

1. I am also writing tests that i expect to submit to @dkayiwa next week for version 2 so as we keep moving even when Lincoln could be unavailable.

3)Currently,every thing is in the back log and as soon as ellen comes back,we shall go on to carry out the sprint planning and then start off with the sprint.

Those are the updates on the current stand of the project

@mozzy @jennifer @jecihjoy @jdick @kuang @whiscard @dkayiwa @darius @akanter @burke @jwnasambu @irenyak1 @tendomart @mseaton @mogoodrich @karuhanga @paynejd @ibacher

@herbert24 I just want to put in a plug for my suggestion on the PM call that we look into having the people who are getting on-boarded for this project write at least some of the tests to cover OCL version 2. This could help give them some familiarity with the code base and hopefully alleviate the issue of this project getting stuck waiting for all the tests to be ready.

5 Likes

You are very right.

1 Like