OCL for OpenMRS squad

Thanks @herbert24! Let me know what you need from me!

Take care, Mark

1 Like

@mogoodrich @paynejd @akanter hi here,could you please have an eye on this basically for mvp

  1. https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/OCLOMRS-731

  2. https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/OCLOMRS-732

  3. https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/OCLOMRS-733

@akanter we do have a couple of tickets here,kindly check through and incase of any thing left out,then we can include it https://issues.openmrs.org/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=180&projectKey=OCLOMRS

I just realized that I think I got these requirements wrong. The update process to the OpenMRS server would only involve changing the subscription URL to the latest version. It would be necessary to view the changes from the installed dictionary to the new dictionary, but then they would need to be accepted as a whole. The ACTUAL diff report I was referring to was when the SOURCES are updated, not when the collection is updated. I will try to clarify on the tickets.

1 Like

we do have some tasks here that can be picked up by members during this season and we have them reviewed on friday https://issues.openmrs.org/login.jsp?os_destination=%2Fsecure%2FRapidBoard.jspa%3FrapidView%3D180%26projectKey%3DOCLOMRS @mozzy @jwnasambu @irenyak1 @tendomart @jennifer


@herbert24 , i have an idea ,

I would suggest , as we are working on the existing issues our selves (though we may lack enough dedicated team to join and finish them up),
@akanter and @darius can take more time to create more issues , required to get us to the MVP.

After there , we can then package this as a GSOC 2020 projetct , like it was done for ConditionList , so that we make use of the Labour from GSOC 2020.
i will co-mentor or mentor the project if possible.
Hows that idea ??
cc @dkayiwa @ball @akanter

it sounds a great idea though the ocl mvp needs to be released soon compared to the GSOC road map

1 Like

@ball since you’re the current product owner , are we having

1.Deadline to have a certain portion of the MVP out.

2.Are we going to have sprints so we have the tasks in the TODO’s at https://issues.openmrs.org/login.jsp?os_destination=%2Fsecure%2FRapidBoard.jspa%3FrapidView%3D180%26projectKey%3DOCLOMRS done ?

cc @akanter @mogoodrich

@tendomart because of the festive season,many people had left.But as soon as January starts,we are going to put every thing in order were we shall also communicate the deadlines.As per now,we do have ready to work tickets that you can pick on as per that link you dropped .Also,as a reminder we always have OCL calls on Wednesdays at 6pm EAT

I ended up being off work from about mid-December until now… I will be working to catch up on everything over the next week or so!

Take care, Mark


Happy New Year to all. Just back from a holiday break, but nice to see the enthusiasm.

We will meet next Wednesday and return to regular squad meetings. The time and uberconference links are here: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/projects/Open+Concept+Lab+(OCL)+for+OpenMRS

To respond to @tendomart :

  1. We need to discuss the work/tickets required for PIH+AMPATH MVP to set a deadline. I would love for PIH to start using OCL in the next 3 months, but not sure if we have the power.
  2. We should set sprints (2 or 3 weeks) with tickets and gauge who is able to work on these.

Based of this, our next meeting should be to discuss:

  • What’s a reasonable next target for MVP?
  • Who can contribute to this process?
  • What talent is still needed?

This is a great idea @mozzy, and you would be an excellent mentor. However only for a very focused area of OCL for OpenMRS. Maybe this will become apparent as we dig into it further. We don’t want to depend of GSoC for something as urgent as OCL.

The GSoC ConditionList project was great because it was an existing project which needed help getting over the finishing line. Even so, ConditionList isn’t ready for production without 2 more bug fixes. We’re very close.

Thanks alot

1 Like

Happy New Year OCL for OpenMRS squad (and OpenMRS community)! Let’s start the year with OCL, a positive attitude, and get this party started!

Please join us for the OCL/OCL for OpenMRS Squad meeting to be held tomorrow (Wednesday, January 8, 2020) and every Wednesday : http://www.uberconference.com/openmrs

  • 3pm UTC
  • 6pm EAT
  • 10AM EST (Boston)
  • 9AM CST (Chicago)
  • 7AM (Seattle)


Squad: @herbert24 @mozzy @jennifer @jecihjoy @jdick @kuang @whiscard @dkayiwa @darius @akanter @burke @jwnasambu @irenyak1 @tendomart @mseaton @mogoodrich @karuhanga @paynejd @ibacher


@alexmochu We need to configure the JIRA Board for OCL for OpenMRS . You are currently the administrator. Can you change permissions? Add me or someone else who is involved in the project?

Administration: https://issues.openmrs.org/secure/RapidView.jspa?rapidView=180&tab=filter

FYI @michy @herbert24 @tendomart @mozzy @karuhanga


Thanks @ball for this communication. I plan to attend the call.

1 Like

@ball can you try access the board again?

Hello Hellen,

Did you manage to configure the Jira Board? I have just checked moments ago and seen that you are also an administrator.

Thanks @ball

Good discussion today. Thanks, all.

Sprint planning: @karuhanga @jecihjoy @herbert24 Please vote on a time (Thursday or Friday): https://doodle.com/poll/9pz3f9gvkmrqied3

Minutes: @jennifer? Please add a link to the Squad page: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/projects/Open+Concept+Lab+(OCL)+for+OpenMRS

Next meeting: Wednesday, Jan 15

Is this on the OpenMRS calendar? That is why i missed it. :slight_smile: