OCL for OpenMRS squad

From today’s first squad meeting…

Action items:

  • Update the wiki page(s) and re-organize information (everyone)
  • Review the squad membership and join/unjoin (everyone)
  • Write use cases for PIH (Ellen)

@ball @herbert24 @jennifer erbert do you have the link to the recorded call ?

@ball thanks for sharing the outcomes of yesterday’s squad meeting - and to everyone who joined us!

Here is the recording of the call.

Thanks Jennifer.

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2019-12-12: Operations Meeting

@mseaton and I met today at the product-change committee meeting time :). We spoke about OCL for OpenMRS and added some additional requirements to the backlog for that squad’s project: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10kAVpLgDUNXplHK8Ao_rMj8EWav1nZv7cL2hno-ZSpM

Highlighted in dark red, this encompasses functionality necessary for the OCL for OpenMRS pages as well as the subscription module. @paynejd and @ball should review as Ellen will be documenting PIH-specific use cases for the requirement definition. Here is the link to a recording of our call: https://www.uberconference.com/pastconferences/5024684048187392

1 Like

Thanks @akanter and @mseaton I just glanced at this, and added some comments on the new additions (but I need to review the whole document as well).

Take care, Mark

I just reviewed the document a little and added a few more features. I hope to spend a little more time playing around with the current functionality today and will see if any other feature requests coe out of that.

It seems like next steps would be to start taking the “What’s Needed?” list in this document and start fleshing things out a little more and prioritizing and ticketing. @herbert24 or @mozzy would this be something either of you would be interested in taking on?

I also took a look at the “OCL for OpenMRS” project and there’s still an active sprint with it looks like 40-50 tickets in the “TO DO” column:

https://issues.openmrs.org/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=180&projectKey=OCLOMRS

So it looks like there will be a fair amount of PM work there triaging tickets and getting things in order. The good news is, outside of that sprint, there appears to only be 3 tickets in the backlog? We probably want to just close out the current sprint and put all the incomplete tickets in the backlog.

Take care, Mark

1 Like

I’ve done some re-organization of the OCL wiki documentation and started with this one which I formatted like the Micro frontend project page:
https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/projects/Open+Concept+Lab+(OCL)+for+OpenMRS

There’s many documents (on the wiki and google docs) which should be centralized and organized on the wiki.

Continuing to document PIH use cases which I’ll share next week.

2 Likes

hi mark,sure i am going to take on this

Thanks @herbert24! Let me know what you need from me!

Take care, Mark

1 Like

@mogoodrich @paynejd @akanter hi here,could you please have an eye on this basically for mvp

  1. https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/OCLOMRS-731

  2. https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/OCLOMRS-732

  3. https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/OCLOMRS-733

@akanter we do have a couple of tickets here,kindly check through and incase of any thing left out,then we can include it https://issues.openmrs.org/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=180&projectKey=OCLOMRS

I just realized that I think I got these requirements wrong. The update process to the OpenMRS server would only involve changing the subscription URL to the latest version. It would be necessary to view the changes from the installed dictionary to the new dictionary, but then they would need to be accepted as a whole. The ACTUAL diff report I was referring to was when the SOURCES are updated, not when the collection is updated. I will try to clarify on the tickets.

1 Like

we do have some tasks here that can be picked up by members during this season and we have them reviewed on friday https://issues.openmrs.org/login.jsp?os_destination=%2Fsecure%2FRapidBoard.jspa%3FrapidView%3D180%26projectKey%3DOCLOMRS @mozzy @jwnasambu @irenyak1 @tendomart @jennifer

2 Likes

@herbert24 , i have an idea ,

I would suggest , as we are working on the existing issues our selves (though we may lack enough dedicated team to join and finish them up),
@akanter and @darius can take more time to create more issues , required to get us to the MVP.

After there , we can then package this as a GSOC 2020 projetct , like it was done for ConditionList , so that we make use of the Labour from GSOC 2020.
i will co-mentor or mentor the project if possible.
Hows that idea ??
cc @dkayiwa @ball @akanter

it sounds a great idea though the ocl mvp needs to be released soon compared to the GSOC road map

1 Like

@ball since you’re the current product owner , are we having

1.Deadline to have a certain portion of the MVP out.

2.Are we going to have sprints so we have the tasks in the TODO’s at https://issues.openmrs.org/login.jsp?os_destination=%2Fsecure%2FRapidBoard.jspa%3FrapidView%3D180%26projectKey%3DOCLOMRS done ?

cc @akanter @mogoodrich

@tendomart because of the festive season,many people had left.But as soon as January starts,we are going to put every thing in order were we shall also communicate the deadlines.As per now,we do have ready to work tickets that you can pick on as per that link you dropped .Also,as a reminder we always have OCL calls on Wednesdays at 6pm EAT

I ended up being off work from about mid-December until now… I will be working to catch up on everything over the next week or so!

Take care, Mark

2 Likes

Happy New Year to all. Just back from a holiday break, but nice to see the enthusiasm.

We will meet next Wednesday and return to regular squad meetings. The time and uberconference links are here: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/projects/Open+Concept+Lab+(OCL)+for+OpenMRS

To respond to @tendomart :

  1. We need to discuss the work/tickets required for PIH+AMPATH MVP to set a deadline. I would love for PIH to start using OCL in the next 3 months, but not sure if we have the power.
  2. We should set sprints (2 or 3 weeks) with tickets and gauge who is able to work on these.

Based of this, our next meeting should be to discuss:

  • What’s a reasonable next target for MVP?
  • Who can contribute to this process?
  • What talent is still needed?
2 Likes