OAuth token generation

@cshah and I were discussing on IRC and I have been trying to figure out how to do this…how does one go about generating oauth tokens? Is this documented somewhere that I’m unaware of?

1 Like

Is this the webpage you are looking for ? https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1GVCdVmt2PFu38UzJmBY5Rkw-acZKl-sVnQuBelvnrMA/viewform?c=0&w=1

We were looking into this, it seems that the form simply submits a request for someone else to generate them for us, rather than generating our own tokens.

Yeah, it’s a form I put together at the start of GCI for devs to request tokens. Currently I’ve been fulfilling the requests. Only OpenMRS ID admins are able to create and modify OAuth tokens the system gives out.

Maybe sometime in the future we can build an automated system to do this (patches welcome :smile:) but for now just use the form if you want to work on Modulus or some other OAauth development.

Keep in mind that you’re always able to set up your own OpenMRS ID instance with the OAuth module installed, and you can use that instance to hand out your own tokens to any applications you are working on. You only need to use the form to request a token from the production server at id.openmrs.org

How would one make tokens for their own local instance of OpenMRS ID is what I mean…

Those who are doing this – running your own OpenMRS ID, simply check out this. The README contains all necessary information. The UI is relatively straightforward…I figured it out.

1 Like