O3: Embedding "International calendars - DatePicker and Date Converter" to O3

Great to hear from you @sinte!! I miss working with your whole team. Hope to see you in Addis some day.

It’s good to hear this progress. I believe @Mekom might be interested in partnering on this issue, as their project in Cambodia also (I believe) requires a non-gregorian calendar. Actually I think they were planning to use the Thai calendar provided by the jQuery library you originally were using.

I have a few questions:

And some clarifications: So @sinte just to make sure I understand you correctly:

• Goal #1: You want to leverage the i18n’d datepicker in forms, not just in the registration page, correct? I thought this work was already done by @amanryder? As shown here: https://talk.openmrs.org/t/o3-supporting-non-western-calendars-ethiopia-and-beyond/36566/3 Is this work no longer being used?

• Goal #2: You also want a single place to set date configuration for the entire EMR, correct?

• Goal #3: You then want anywhere that a date shows up in any widgets to be converted, e.g. like dates shown here, correct? image

• Does this also include Dates of Birth?
1 Like