O3 demo: Why does it keep going down / Error 502?

Our O3 Demo (o3.openmrs.org) keeps going down - by which I mean, you see this page (like right now):

This is embarassing and problematic given that 40% of all OpenMRS.org visitors click on “Demo”.

What is the root problem here? How can we stop this happening?

@dennis @jayasanka @ibacher @dkayiwa @raff

p.s. Test3.openmrs.org is in the same state.

I have just re-built release 3.0.0-alpha.19 in both test3 and o3 and this fixed the 502. But would very much like for this to stop happening.

Thank you @grace for fixing this issue!

Hi @grace , apologies if there’s a separate topic tracking this but this is the only one I found relevant (I’m new here). The demo seems to be down again. This happens quite frequently. Is there say a docker image of the demo we can quick spin up?

1 Like

Yes. See the docs here: O3 Implementer Documentation: Set Up, Configure & Deploy - Projects - OpenMRS Wiki

Apologies @pgicharu for this experience you’ve had with the demo going down for O3.openmrs.org

We are working to fix this from multiple angles. In the meantime the dev environment is also up most of the time; this contains the most “cutting edge” work so we typically don’t link to it in case it is unstable. But you are very welcome to browse it :slight_smile: Link: dev3.openmrs.org admin/Admin123

Thank you @ibacher , the docs were very useful and had no problem deploying it, much appreciated.

Thank you so much @grace , this is very useful especially with the sample data that’s already there, it helps showcase most of the functionalities pretty well. I’ll definitely browse it some more :smiley:

1 Like