NPM error: unsupported engine

Hi everyone, I have created an owa using the Yeoman generator following these instructions (Open Web App Development Workflow - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki). However I am getting the error bellow when the generator reaches tthe last section of running ‘npm install’. I’ve done everything as in the guide so would really appreciate it if anyone could give me some advice. Thank you!!

npm ERR! code EBADENGINE npm ERR! engine Unsupported engine npm ERR! engine Not compatible with your version of node/npm: karma@1.7.1 npm ERR! notsup Not compatible with your version of node/npm: karma@1.7.1 npm ERR! notsup Required: {“node”:“0.10 || 0.12 || 4 || 5 || 6 || 7 || 8”} npm ERR! notsup Actual: {“npm”:“8.13.2”,“node”:“v18.4.0”}

Did you get a chance to look at OWA on our technology radar? https://radar.openmrs.org/

No I haven’t, I’ll check it now.

So OWAs are soon to be obsolete and that is why I am getting these errors.

They already are. This is our recommendation going forward: OpenMRS 3.0: A Frontend Framework that enables collaboration and better User Experience - Projects - OpenMRS Wiki

Thank you Daniel. Also, regarding the OpenMRS Modules (OMOD), is the documentation up to date on the wiki page(For Module Developers - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki)? And are there any resources or tutorials available to support me?

This could also be of help: OpenMRS SDK - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki

1 Like