OpenMRS is excited to announce Suthagar Kailapathy (@suthagar23) as the Volunteer of the Month for November ! As a community we are all grateful for Suthagar’s work and efforts. Thank you for all your contributions @suthagar23!
The podcast for this interview is posted on Spreaker at: https://www.spreaker.com/user/openmrs/november-2017-vom
Here’s what our volunteer of the month had to say:
What is your name?
What is your role in the OpenMRS community?
- At the first time, I was a GSoC student under the guidance of my mentor Daniel Kayiwa for SysAdmin Open Web App development. During the GSoC time, I was involved in some discussions about the Open Web App improvements. After completing that one I guided to some Andela developers for the Add-On Open Web App development and reviewed some of their processes. Currently, I am a GCI mentor representing OpenMRS
Why did you get involved in OpenMRS?
- My first impression about the OpenMRS was initiated by Akshika Wijesundara. He did a great session about the OpenMRS and a discussion about his GSoC time with OpenMRS I felt some open talks here. There are a lot of people willing to help us (especially Daniel) through the talk forum. Valuable advice from the previous OpenMRS contributors
What makes OpenMRS special to you?
- I wonder about the OpenMRS concept that “Write Codes, Save Lives”. Just the four words describe everything! We are the Software Engineers haven’t any direct contacts with the people in the world. So this is a good time to provide some of our contributions direct to the people. Open discussions about the development and a lot of freedom to provide our ideas to the senior persons
What are some of your hobbies?
- I love to ride my bike too long and listing music. Other than this, I like spending time with my laptop.
If you could give one piece of advice to aspiring developers or community contributors, what would that be?
- Don’t hesitate to express your thoughts and commitments here, OpenMRS is always open to you all like their children. It will be a huge addition to your career within a short period.
The transcript for the podcast will soon be uploaded by the end of the week.
Thanks again to Suthagar Kailayapathy for all his work and sharing his story with the community!
To cast your vote for the VOM of December 2017, vote here.