New version of CIEL concept dictionary added to dropbox for 2015-03-22

New version of CIEL dictionary added to dropbox for March 22, 2015

Just wanted to let folks know that I am posting a new version of the CIEL concept dictionary in the dropbox with versions from 1.6.6 to 1.11.0 (2.1).

Can I please remind everyone using the CIEL dictionary that this is a trust model. We are providing the service to the community and the community assists by providing concepts they require back to CIEL. This also includes translation of CIEL concepts into other languages. If you have added concepts to your dictionary and have not reported them back to CIEL, I strongly encourage you to do so (if guilt doesn’t work, then I will start to harass you :).

If this is the first time you are hearing about the MVP/CIEL concept dictionary which now comes as a standard option with the standalone appliance, you can get updates from the CIEL dropbox. You can send me an email describing your openmrs implementation, version number, country and project… and I will add you to the dropbox.

Be sure to read the wiki: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+and+Using+the+MVP-CIEL+Concept+Dictionary

NOTE THAT A NEW DISTRIBUTION METHODOLOGY FOR CIEL USING THE OPEN CONCEPT LAB WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON.

This version includes the global property ciel.conceptsVersion which contains the date of the release in YYYYMMDD format.

This release has new concepts added for the reference application and PIH HUM and some changes to the “default” and “preferred” flags for some concepts required by the reference appliaction.

It also includes a separate drug table which contains all of the WHO essential medication list drugs linked to the concept table. The plan is to integrate these two more closely providing concept sets of drugs which parallel the WHO classifications. The drug table may eventually become a superset of international RxNorm encoded medications from which you can select from. For now, it is just the WHO EML. We will keep the SQL separate for now so that you don’t have to overwrite your local drug table when importing the CIEL concept dictionary.

The drug table was NOT updated for this release, but will be updated in next release with more formulations.

Concepts added for this release:

concept_id    name    Class    Datatype    description
162928    Excisional biopsy of soft tissue    Procedure    N/A    \N
162927    Excisional biopsy of breast    Procedure    N/A    \N
162926    Immobilization using plaster cast    Procedure    N/A    \N
162925    Revision to closed reduction of fracture and cast immobilization    Procedure    N/A    \N
162924    Revision to closed reduction of fracture dislocation and cast immobilization    Procedure    N/A    \N
162923    Partial resection of intestine with anastomosis    Procedure    N/A    \N
162922    Excision of colon    Procedure    N/A    \N
162922    Excision of large bowel    Procedure    N/A    \N
162922    Total colectomy    Procedure    N/A    \N
162921    Prostatectomy    Procedure    N/A    \N
162920    Intravenous line insertion site    Anatomy    N/A    The physical part of the skin where an IV line was inserted. This is not a question which receives an answer of a particular location.
162919    Urinary tract    Anatomy    N/A    \N
162919    Urinary system structure    Anatomy    N/A    \N

As an FYI, for those using 2.2 in development mode, there was an issue identified where Hypothermia of newborn was duplicated in the concept table. Concept 162317 should be retired and will be in the next version.

@akanter we are about to release OpenMRS 2.2. Do you want to have an updated CIEL release for this? Or should we just manually retire 162317 in the release?

FYI @maurya, @raff.

I am posting a new version now. Sorry I didn’t see this until last night.