New Order Type - Throws Exception while saving

When a new order_type is created and mapped it to a new concept class so that it appears in “Orders” under “Consultation” as shown in the image (List of Consultants) it loads the page properly but throws exception while bahmniEncounterTransactionService.save(bahmniEncounterTransaction) on this line

OpenMRS settings as mentioned here -

Created the required rows in mySQL image

What is it that is missing on this Wiki Page to set up new order type that the code is throwing exception?

2 Likes

@ramashish I finally got a chance to look into this. The wiki page was missing that you need to also set the java_class_name column of the order_type table to org.openmrs.Order. I have updated the SQL snippet in the wiki page now, and I verified in my local install that by setting this I am able to save orders for a new order type.

Please try this out and confirm that it works, and that the wiki docs are now correct.

1 Like

@ramashish sorry for bothering you! I just need to know whether sales orders are generated for you new orders under consultation panel. If so can I please know the process? thank you