NEW Clinical decision support system (CDSS) diagram

@darius @pascal @jthomas @dkayiwa I am have to design diagrams for CDSS. PLEASE Can you look at this and guide me? It will be a great favour.

1 Like

Don’t forget that CDSS runs on semantic content. It is essential that the objects on which the rules act are captured in a standardized way. Concepts (diagnosis, orders, etc.) recorded in the EHR are usually more granular than those used in the rules… For example, performing a Hemoglobin A1c test every 6 months for a patient with diabetes actually means ensuring that the x number of LOINC-encoded laboratory tests which are similar hemoglobin tests in a denominator of 100’s of specific diabetes diagnoses :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you for your comment. :slight_smile:

@gulraiz, you’re asking a very general question about clinical informatics theory and/or system design that has nothing specific to do with OpenMRS.

Personally I consider that out of scope for discussion on the OpenMRS forums.

If you would like to have a discussion about how CDSS should be designed for OpenMRS that would be appropriate to talk about here. (And in this case I would suggest using as a starting point one of the documents that Pascal and I linked to on the other thread.)

YES sir @darius I would like to have a discussion about how CDSS should be designed for OpenMRS. I openmrs community helps me in this it would be great favor to me. PLEASE guide me… in it.