Neglected Tropical Disease Project

Dear OpenMRS community

My name is Rodrigo Ochoa, I’m a researcher from Colombia and recently my research group called PECET (http://pecet-colombia.org/) have been assigned with a grant funded by the TDR - The Special Program for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases, co-sponsored by UNICEF, UNDP, The World Bank and the World Health Organization.

Our project is: “Training on Health Informatics tools for Knowledge Management purposes applied to control and treatment of Neglected Tropical Diseases”. For purposes of developing this project, we will implement OpenMRS for patients affected by Neglected Tropical Diseases such as Leishmaniasis, Malaria, Dengue, Zika, among others.

Because of that is from our interest to know similar experiences from other researchers, and look for valuable information, tips, examples and other things useful for our project.

We’ll appreciate any help regarding that subject

Kind regards

P.D. In addition, @sunbiz and @jordan are helping us with training material in order to support the strategic goal 4 (Strategic Objective 4: Education). If any person could provide us general and updated information regarding the implementation, use and developing of modules in OpenMRS, it will be useful as well for us

3 Likes

What specific questions do you have ?

Dear Judy

I think my main goal is to check current examples of OpenMRS platforms designed for NTDs. Maybe do you know one?

Thanks for your interest

what would such a platform be able to provide? Have you looked at the CIEL concept dictionary ? @akanter