Need help in testing Odoo app integrated with Bahmni (0.92 alpha release)

@binduak thanks, looking forward for the beta release

@binduak did you release the odoo beta version as had indicated , kindly share the link to download

We are ready with Beta release. Please provide us feedback for odoo and bahmni integration

@rajashri Thanks, Will give feedback

@ekowkoomson1

I just started checking the Odoo integration. Wanted to report a few things

• Couldn’t find a easy way to define “currency”. I had to go to Settings => Companies => My Company => and then click this small link mentioned in the notes (Activate [here] a new currency before creating a new company) => Then activate the appropriate currency.Is there an easier path to do so?
  • I didn’t find any place under accounting to defined “fiscal year” and “Periods” like openerp? Is this not required? How will this effect reporting or other accounting aspects? In OpenERP not defining fiscal year and periods would throw up error during “Sale order” creation. Now it does not. So I don’t even know what repercussions it will have.
  • Default currency set is “Euro”? It used to INR.
  • No default shop like OPD, IPD, Pharmacy like before
  • seeing different with old quotation list view - like Provider, Discount Head, Care Setting, Village (or other address attribute), total outstanding (although outstanding I am not sure how its used)
  • Product by categories - can’t find product by categories listing
  • The categories themselves are different. It should have same hierarchies like older ERP.

In my installation, quotations in Odoo were not created when I ordered Lab and Medicines from EMR. Did I miss anything to configure ? What about other’s installation is it working ?

https://erp-product-qa08.mybahmni.org/ Create Sales Order, Confirm, Create Invoice shows this dialog box - Can it be avoided through settings?

Further click on Create Invoice shows -

In spite of setting Chart of Accounts based on a template the above warning shows up and invoice is not getting created at all

Has anyone done full cycle? ie Sales Order->Confirm->Invoice->payments and printing receipt?

@ajeenckya @tanmayd can you please check?

I too was trying to test this, but the chart of accounts is not created yet. so not able to move forward.

Also, this step appears to be additional, does not come in current ERP sales order to invoice creation. Is there a way to avoid this? or make it faster?

ODOO Log shows

INFO odoo odoo.sql_db: bad query: INSERT INTO "account_invoice" ("id", "origin", "comment", "campaign_id", "journal_id", "currency_id", "team_id", "partner_id", "user_id", "discount_percentage", "reference_type", "company_id", "state", "type", "sent", "account_id", "reconciled", "move_name", "discount", "payment_term_id", "fiscal_position_id", "name", "disc_acc_id", "medium_id", "partner_shipping_id", "discount_type", "source_id", "create_uid", "write_uid", "create_date", "write_date") VALUES(nextval('account_invoice_id_seq'), 'SO012', NULL, NULL, 2, 21, 1, 8, 1, 0.0, 'none', 1, 'draft', 'out_invoice', false, 3, false, NULL, 0.0, NULL, NULL, '', NULL, NULL, 8, 'none', NULL, 1, 1, (now() at time zone 'UTC'), (now() at time zone 'UTC')) RETURNING id

Bug - Cannot create invoice.

Reason - In the earlier version (7.0) the sales order had char field for Shop in sales_order and it was not carried forward to account_invoice table but in this version (ODOO 10), both the sales order and account_invoice has shop_id field and it is mandatory. Further debugging shows that shop_id is not set while preparing the invoice.

Resolution - Add the following line in /opt/bahmni-erp/bahmni-addons/bahmni_sale/models/sale_order.py after line #185

shop_id': self.shop_id.id,

@ajeenckya @binduak

This change works for Create Invoice with “Invoiceable lines” or “Invoiceable lines (deduct down payments)”

But it fails for the other 2 options ie. Create Invoice with “Down payment (percentage)” and “Down payment (fixed amount)” are still not working.

This needs to be debugged further.

Is demo server same product-qa04.mybahmni.org ?

It is down, Please let us know when its up.

This should have been fixed already. @tanmayd - can you please check?

This has been rectified. Reason - For the other 2 options (Payment % and fixed) _create_invoice of sale.advance.payment.inv gets called where shop_id was not set.

Resolution - Added this after line #69 in /opt/bahmni-erp/bahmni-addons/bahmni_sale/wizard/sale_advance_payment_inv.py

'shop_id': order.shop_id.id,

This way invoice can be created using any of the four options

1 Like

Now that the invoice gets created and payment can be registered following are the observations about Invoice Creation in ODOO 10 when compared with OpenERP 7.

1. ODOO 10 Invoice creation, payment registration and receipt printing is too lengthy.
  2. Earlier version Sale Order->Confirm used to directly show Payment by c implicitly (automatically) creating the Invoice and all steps on one screen with 2 button clicks (confirm and validate) but in ODOO 10, every step is a different menu (Create Invoice) then Go to invoice to Confirm Invoice then go to Payment to register Payment then validate.
  3. Print Receipt - Earlier version used to print receipt through popup but this ODOO 10 downloads the receipt as PDF which then needs to be opened for printing.

So From Sales Order, Invoice, payment, receipt printing all accessible on different menus is too time consuming looking at the OPD queues and should be changed to match the implementation of earlier version (7.0)

@angshuonline or anyone else has looked at these steps?

We have noted the quotation=>invoice UX. Hopefully there is a good resolution without writing too much of custom code. @tanmayd @ajeenckya

ODOO 10 default Log level has been set to error which can be changed from /etc/odoo.conf to info / warning

log_level = info

Dear all, we are collating all feedbacks and issues in this document, from all sources (all threads, talk and slack discussions) . Please check if your reported issues are captured here.