MySQL db connectivity issue

Hi, I am new to OpenMRS community. To understand the OpenMRS development and start participating, i have started going through the devdocs and simultaneously setting up the Environment on mac. While setting up database using OpenMRS wizard(http://localhost:8080:openmrs), i get the MySQL db connectivity issue. In the terminal window i gave mysql command to see if mysql is working but it gave the following error. Please help. suma$ mysql ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user ‘suma’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO)

if you are trying to access the db from terminal, then the above command is wrong. You should do something like

mysql -u username -p 

This should ask you for the password, if the password is correct then you will have access to the db :slight_smile:

what is the issue?

I tried the above command but still get the same error ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user ‘suma’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)

1 Like

Thank you Shekhar. I could connect to mysql db now. I proceeded with the next steps in the wizard, it completed the following tasks so far :slight_smile:Tasks completed so far: Created database openmrs Created user openmrs_user Granted user openmrs_user all privileges to database openmrs Created database tables and added core data Added demo data

Now i see this error in the wizard : What to do with this error: Please help. OpenMRS version is : OpenMRS 2.1.0-0128b1 Installation Wizard

There was an error while updating the database to the latest. file: liquibase-update-to-latest.xml. Error: Migration failed for change set liquibase-update-to-latest.xml::20110825-1000-creating-providers-for-persons-from-encounter::raff: Reason: liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: Error executing SQL insert into provider(person_id, identifier, creator, date_created, retired, retired_by, date_retired, retire_reason, uuid) select distinct person.person_id, user.system_id, 1, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, user.retired, user.retired_by, user.date_retired, user.retire_reason, CONCAT(‘prov’, SUBSTRING(person.uuid, 5)) from person as person inner join encounter as encounter on encounter.provider_id = person.person_id left join (select max(users.user_id) as user_id, users.system_id, users.person_id, users.retired, users.retired_by, users.date_retired, users.retire_reason from users as users group by users.person_id) as user on person.person_id = user.person_id where user.user_id is not null and encounter.provider_id not in (select person_id from provider): Expression #2 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column ‘openmrs.users.system_id’ which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by: Caused By: Error executing SQL insert into provider(person_id, identifier, creator, date_created, retired, retired_by, date_retired, retire_reason, uuid) select distinct person.person_id, user.system_id, 1, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, user.retired, user.retired_by, user.date_retired, user.retire_reason, CONCAT(‘prov’, SUBSTRING(person.uuid, 5)) from person as person inner join encounter as encounter on encounter.provider_id = person.person_id left join (select max(users.user_id) as user_id, users.system_id, users.person_id, users.retired, users.retired_by, users.date_retired, users.retire_reason from users as users group by users.person_id) as user on person.person_id = user.person_id where user.user_id is not null and encounter.provider_id not in (select person_id from provider): Expression #2 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column ‘openmrs.users.system_id’ which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by: Caused By: Expression #2 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column ‘openmrs.users.system_id’ which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by Error while trying to update to the latest database version

1 Like

Could you please help with the next error that i have posted.

This is a known problem caused by changes in the latest mysql versions as you can see at: https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/TRUNK-4813 For now, the work around is to use mysql version 5.6

2 Likes

I have installed mysql version 5.6 and it worked. Thank you.

2 Likes

I’ve been able to successfully build the Legacy UI module, but I’ve not been able to locate the proper directory to copy it to in the build of openmrs-core. I looked at the comments section for solution and started following steps to extract 2.0.x branch to rebuild. i see the following error when i give this command to fetch 2.0.x branch. Does 2.0.x repository still exists or the repository name has changed? Please let me know how to proceed :

git fetch upstream 2.0.x:2.0.x - "suma$ git fetch upstream 2.0.x:2.0.x fatal: ‘upstream’ does not appear to be a git repository fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights and the repository exists. "

The tomcat logs show the runtime properties file in use. Something like: Using runtime properties file: … So this file is in a location which has the modules folder.

1 Like

i re-extracted openmrs-core from repository and did a build again and also built legacyUI module. it was success. I dont see modules/data folder in openmrs-core after the build to copy .omod file of legacyUImodule .omod file. What is the path that i should go into to copy legacyui .omod file on osx. Does modules/data folder will be created while building the openmrs-core or i have to create the folders manual.

Run the platform and check your tomcat logs for the folder as i stated above.

1 Like

I am running the platform with this command mvn jetty:run instead of deploying the war file in tomcat. I am not using tomcat as of the moment to run platform. Do you want me to use tomcat? Please suggest.

Check the log where you type the mvn jetty:run command.

1 Like

I checked the runtime log in the terminal. It gave warnings that it could not find runtime.properties file under webapp and instead using the file under .openmrs/openmrs-runtime.properties. Under .openmrs folder, i could see modules folder but dont see data folder. I copied .omod file to the modules folder (.openMRS/modules/legacyui-1.1-SNAPSHOT.omod). Restarted platform server. On the terminal window when i started the server its showing this message now: The same error shows in openmrs-runtime.properties file.

There was no data folder under .openMRS/modules. created data folder and copied the file.

ERROR - ModuleFactory.getModuleFromFile(539) |2016-09-01 14:52:06,580| Error getting module object from file data org.openmrs.module.ModuleException: Module file does not have the correct ‘.omod’ file extension Module: data at org.openmrs.module.ModuleFileParser.(ModuleFileParser.java:88) at org.openmrs.module.ModuleFactory.getModuleFromFile(ModuleFactory.java:535) at org.openmrs.module.ModuleFactory.loadModule(ModuleFactory.java:107) at org.openmrs.module.ModuleFactory.loadModules(ModuleFactory.java:193) at org.openmrs.module.ModuleFactory.loadModules(ModuleFactory.java:173) at org.openmrs.module.ModuleUtil.startup(ModuleUtil.java:76) at org.openmrs.api.context.Context.startup(Context.java:830) at org.openmrs.web.Listener.startOpenmrs(Listener.java:243) at org.openmrs.web.WebDaemon$1.run(WebDaemon.java:42)

I deleted the data folder and copied .omod file under modules folder. It worked. I could see login page finally. Thank You all for support.

1 Like