mysql 5.7 refusing to install because of NET Frame work 4

Application Name: Platform Version Number: 1

Question: Hello everyone, am getting a challenge of installing mysql 5.7 , when i run the setup it says it needs microsoft. NET Frame work 4 and when i download microsoft. NET Frame work 4 and run it,it fails to complete running saying “.NET Frame work 4 has not been installed because HRESULT 0xc800022”. Any who can help me out on this, will appreciate

@gcliff can you try googling error " HRESULT 0xc800022 " ? Plus i’d encourage you to clean your App Data folder ,some times residues of mysql can prevent a fresh and cleaner installation.

So you really want to do something like Go to services and Check if .Net is running ,if not start it manually . then

1. Start > Control Panel > Uninstall Software

2.Delete / Uninstall Everything to do with Mysql

3.Go to My Computer > C >Programs Delete every folder having mysql

1. Restart Machine and Re-install Mysql

hope you find this helpfull https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-installing-net-framework-4-hresult/bfac5cac-10e8-4eb9-b87d-64a3266522f7

1 Like

Thanks martin, i googled the error and found the solution

It would be great to share the solution here, for those who may later on land into the same problem.

1 Like

Thanks Dan for the idea, I googled the error “HRESULT 0xc800022” and found three youtube vidoes about solving the error above,watched them and i chose and followed the instructions of the vidoe of windows 7 which worked.

ABOVE IS THE LINK TO THE VIDOE…THANKS
2 Likes