My OpenMRS Fellowship Journey: Suruchi

I spend the rest of August learning and enhancing my PM skills. I took a Product-Led course by Pendo and Mind the Product. I learned about Awesome User Onboarding Experience, Data Analysis & KPIs, Launch Planning, in-product Customer Education, Product Ops, User Categorization, and Data Analysis. Now, we have planned to exercise and debrief what is learned with OCL BA colleagues & other Product PMs.

I read Grace’s blog Grace Potma – Medium in medium this week. Both of the blogs are fantastic- I like the idea of SBAR and will try to implement it in my daily PM jobs. This is life-changing to make communication much easier. Also thanks to Grace for the distinction of buyer and user in another article. I hardly had thought of such differences.

Also thanks Grace for sharing the idea of jobs to be done with the video 9 - Clayton Christensen Polytechnique 24 Juin 2013 - increasing sales of milkshakes - YouTube. This video is really helpful in understanding the need of framing the market as jobs to be done rather than a product business. This idea helped me view OCL users’ pain-point as jobs to be done and now I am focusing more on their jobs rather than the customer itself.

I also took the Technical writing course as recommended by Grace to enhance my writing skills Overview of technical writing courses  |  Technical Writing  |  Google Developers And learned to use terms consistently and Avoid ambiguous pronouns. Using active voice to passive voice and Picking specific verbs over vague ones. Focusing each sentence on a single idea and eliminating unneeded words. Determining what your audience needs to learn Fitting documentation to the audience and much more.

Further, during the 2022 UX Design Conference, I presented in UX in Action: Experience from Nepal: From user research to personas to grounding a whole team, the video link can be found at Suruchi Dhungana: UX in Action 2022-August-31 - YouTube and slides at UX in Action - Google Slides

Also, I had a Goal review session with my mentor where I updated my previous month’s work and updated my new learning goals Suruchi Dhungana - Fellowship Plan - Google Sheets

1 Like

I started my September with the second day of the 2022 UX design Conference and the main attraction for day 2 was lightning talks, showcases, and fellowship presentations. I enjoyed the showcases and talks. I was also excited to learn about the fellowship journey of fellows. It’s always great to connect and know how everyone is doing great work on different projects.

In the first week, Grace and I had our mentor-mentee time where we discussed my involvement in different areas and we discussed the ANC DAK project. Grace developed a wiki page for the project SMART Guideline Implementation: ANC DAK - Projects - OpenMRS Wiki. I supported her and now we have a single place dedicated to ANC which includes all the available information. I also joined the ANC DAK call last Tuesday and will continue to work as a PM.

Further, I had a call with Joe to discuss how to make squad calls more effective and we updated squad call agendas. We discussed the collection management workflow video and have decided to make more videos highlighting the use case of expansion and versions.

As I had gone through a Product led course last month but had not completed the exercise, I met Joe and Grace to discuss, debrief and practice the exercise. We had a call where we discussed the different aspects of the course like Product metrics KPIs and great onboarding, how to determine jobs to be done, and different categories of customers. Also, we practiced some exercises. And for me, after the course the most important learning is that, I am going to validate my action as a PM thinking, Am I building what our users want, or what I think they want?

2 Likes

During the last two weeks of September, I am involved in my OCL support work and ANC project understanding.

I attended different OCL dev calls where we discussed the design sprint. The design sprint is going to be follow by the OCL team. We planned to have 14 days sprint and everyone will be participating as sprint leaders in the different sprints.

Further, I worked closely with Joe in planning for squad calls, we talked about our priorities for OpenMRS users to completely move them to OCL from Dictionary Manager.

I have started working ANC DAK as PM, so I spent some days studying the project, and now I have started to implement the O3 Qnrs and Codes in OCL for the Preeclampsia Care Plan. Further, I will work with Grace and Paul to understand users. I will also be studying the CQL engine in October for ANC DAK.

As we are at the end of September, I updated my fellowship goals and I had a check-in with Grace, Nikesh, and Jennifer. I shared my ongoing work and next priorities. It’s always great to connect and have a such meeting to discuss my challenges and supports needed :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

October is the month of festivals in Nepal, we recently celebrated our greatest festival Dashin. I enjoyed the time with my friends and family.

Further, during the first two weeks, I spent most of my time in ANC DAK work. I attended our regular ANC squad call where Grace presented her findings from the ANC WHO CDC rules Analysis of Categories of ANC WHO CDS Rules - Google Sheets. It was interesting to find what are the Urgent and Red Flags in different decision rules and also other categories like Nice to know, Patient Education and Tasks. This analysis helped to better understand what are the areas to focus on. Also, Paul shared his team timeline and deliverables and then Jen shared the OpenMRS timeline, overall it gave insight about what areas to concentrate on.

Now, I have started analyzing different ANC DAK indicators to find what are the areas that WHO is mostly interested in. So, I prepared an excel sheet Analysis of ANC DAK Indicator-Data Requirement - Google Sheets to better visualize all the indicators and to know what needs to be focused while capturing data in order to calculate all indicators. Also, I will be looking after the CQL engine prototype in the coming days.

In OCL, I have been attending different OCL calls and giving input on dev and deep dive calls by highlighting the OpenMRS needs in OCL.

2 Likes

I spent the last two weeks of October working on the ANC DAK project. I studied different ANC indicators ANC DAK Indicator Table - Google Sheets and did a brief analysis Analysis of ANC DAK Indicator-Data Requirement - Google Sheets. After compiling all the indicators, we can find out the interest area for ANC DAK. Also, looking at this sheet it’s clear that observation, patients, and encounters are important fields to capture for ANC.

Also, we had a meeting with Alex from Encender, which was an introductory meeting to know more about Encender and it helped us to compare CQL Engine and Encender. And, I updated a collection with the required concept for pre-eclampsia in OCL https://app.openconceptlab.org/#/orgs/openmrs/collections/ANCDAK/ and updated those concepts in OpenMRS demo https://demo.openmrs.org/.

Further, I am working closely with the OCL team representing OpenMRS users and in the direction to strengthen OCL. Also, Grace and I sat together to update my fellowship plan Suruchi Dhungana - Fellowship Plan - Google Sheets. I will be focusing on ANC and OCL work for November.

4 Likes

The first two weeks of November were full of interaction and learning new things. For the first week, I was involved with my ANC work. I have prepared a set of concepts for pre-eclampsia careplan https://app.openconceptlab.org/#/orgs/openmrs/collections/ANCDAK/ in OCL Term Browser under OpenMRS org. And I have updated these concepts in the OpenMRS dev environment where these concepts can be used to create forms. Then I followed the Ampath docs Creating a new form – AMPATH Forms and created a sample form https://formbuilder.o3.openmrs.org/. Now, these form is available in the dev3 environment where a patient’s pre-eclampsia information will be entered. Thanks to Dennis and Grace for guiding me in this direction.

Our next step in ANC DAK is to set up the CQL engine and test the workflow of sending information from OpenMRS to the CQL engine and vice-versa. We had several meetings with Google Health Team, Bryn, and Derek regarding the CQL engine and now Daniel is leading us to set up and test the engine. We also had an ANC squad call last week where we discussed our current approach toward the project and the issues we are facing right now.

Further, in OCL for the OpenMRS squad call, Laure and her team from MSF presented us with their workflow of using OCL Term Browser for content management with different issues they are facing. It was a great presentation to know the pain points and user stories for some features. Then, Joe and I sat together to further analyze the issues and tried mapping those issues in OCL’s roadmap with priorities. Also, Joe and I discussed the use case of Add Reference and Cascade feature that the OCL team is planning OCL Add Reference-Cascade UX Planning Oct-2022 - Google Slides. It’s always great to connect with Joe and learn from his problem-solving approach and plannings.

This week, we had our fellowship symposium call where all fellows and mentors gathered and shared our experiences, achievements, learnings, and challenges. It is always great to connect, learn, and get updated on each other’s journeys. A big thanks to Nikesh for organizing it and here is the presentation from me about my journey so far My Fellowship Journey-Suruchi: Final Reflections - Google Slides.

3 Likes

I spent the last two weeks of November working with the ANC DAK and OCL squad.

This week I met with @nikeshbalami (Community Management fellow) in person and it was great chatting with him. We talked about our experiences so far, our likes and dislikes, and our ideas for improving the fellowship plans. Thanks, Nikesh for your time, it was great meeting you!!

In the ANC DAK project, Daniel is working towards building a CQL-API module in OpenMRS so we need some frontend visuals to interact with the CQL engine and API. Following the Flags and Tasks, I discussed with Daniel my idea of using Forms and Flags in O3 then he suggested using the Patient Flag module to display information in flags. Now, @jnsereko will be working in the O3 to display the result. Thanks, @jnsereko for taking the initiative and working on the module. I have prepared a workflow diagram and O3 visuals idea where we have decided to display the result received from the CQL engine.

We had Dev Standups for the Global Product Support Team on Tuesday. It was a 15 mins standup meeting where we shared what we are working on and the blocker that developers had. It was great connecting with devs.

In OCL, I have been attending squad calls and in squad calls, we are discussing MSF use cases and issues.

During December, I will be working closely with Daniel and @jnsereko and help move forward with the ANC DAK project.

3 Likes

Happy New Year :fireworks: :fireworks:

As we are already in the new year, I am going to update my December activity with new energy and motivation.

December was the month of learning, I am investing myself in learning new PM skills and talking with PMs from other organizations these days. Thanks to Grace for connecting me with Sibel from Change Healthcare and David from PIH. During my meeting with Sibel, we talked about her challenges and approach while detailing the day-to-day PM work. She also helped me figure out the responsibility that a PM carries while working with a group of engineers and other department colleagues. It was great talking with David we talked about the Business Analyst Framework and different aspects of User Stories, User Interviews, and the whole project workflow. Further, we are more in discussion in designing PRDs.

In the ANC DAK project, Daniel is stuck at an issue as we do not have any codes to match exactly with OpenMRS and ANC DAK FHIR so we had a call with Andy where we discussed the issue and he helped us for now by adding the ANC data element id into CIEL next release so hopefully, we will be able to complete the CQL-OpenMRS workflow in January.

Further, I have been doing so user research in ANC in Nepal so I have been talking with a few people working in ANC and understanding the workflow, their needs, and pain-points. I will further share my findings in the next blog after talking with a few more people.

4 Likes

Starting this year I talked again to David from PIH he helped in enhancing my BA skills. He suggested developing test plans along with PRDs and capturing more use cases as possible. He suggested interviewing users of multiple phases and focusing on what user wants rather than how they want. He added, for better user stories we need to have varieties of interviews and while compiling the notes go through recordings again and again and finally reach what the user exactly wants. Thanks, David for helping me to compile PRD for the OpenMRS-CQL Engine prototype.

Last week, I talked with Paul and we discussed different aspects of the ANC project and updated him on the latest progress. I shared with him how I managed the content for the project and also shared with him my learnings from user research so far. Now, I will be joining him and Ciaran in design and user research calls onwards.

We had the ANC squad call last week where we discussed the latest update from Joshua and Daniel. Joshua is working in the front end using the Patient Flag module he is trying to display flags in the O3 patient’s dashboard and his PR is up and it’s under review. Further, I mapped the ANC DAK data element id with CIEL concepts needed for preeclampsia, and leveraging those concepts Daniel has successfully connected the CQL engine and OpenMRS.

I will be having some more calls during the month of January with different FHIR and SMART guidelines implementers to discuss the issues we have and to learn from their implementation.

1 Like

The last two weeks of January were filled with knowledge sharing, reaching out to people, and learning from them. As we are new to the CQL engine and Daniel is dealing with some issues while building the OpenMRS CQL module, we tried reaching out to some organizations and people who are familiar with CQL, CQL engine, or FHIR. In this process, we reached out to Thrive Health team and learn about their FHIR use case and implementation in EHR. Further, we talked with key participants from the SMART Authoring call and got some clarification on duplicate mapping in the ANC SMART guideline. Also, we got the idea of leveraging CQL Evaluator for schedules from Bryn’s example which is created manually(all other plan definitions were created by DAK Processor).

Also, we had SMART Squad call where Daniel shared his updates and we updated the JIRA board with current ongoing technical work. As we have planned some calls for early Feb with

• ONA/OpenSRP (their Architect Peter) - experience with CQL,
  • Emcare - SwissTPH - Patrick Delcroix - experience with the CQL Engine project & new alpha mappings-automation-tool,
  • UW Engineers - experience with CQL in the domestic program,
  • InterSystems - FHIR care plan authoring

And I am excited to meet everyone and learn more.

I will be supporting Grace and designing forms in O3 next week and I have planned to be more involved in user research interviews and work closely with designers and developers in the month of February.

1 Like

I started my second round of this fellowship in February. This time, I have planned with my mentor Grace to work on the ANC DAK project as a Product manager and to support content management for OpenMRS users. I also had my fellowship plans updated for this month and talked about my professional development goals.

As per my plans to better understand O3, I have tried building out forms in O3 for History and physical templates. I created concepts in OCL with Andy’s guidance and used them in O3 to create forms.

I had a meeting with Ona where we learned the working of FHIR in OpenSRP and had a demo by Benjamin and also had a call with Jing from Android FHIR SDK where he helped me and Daniel to dive into the CQL Engine and codes and now Daniel has raised his PR in cqFramework GitHub to help him unblock.

I attended a Branding workshop by Paul with the OCL team, it was fun to learn how the brand is developed and what vision team members have for the next 20 years. Also, the values and audience exercise were exciting. Thank you, Paul, for inviting me.

Further, I will continue to support ANC and OCL squad.

2 Likes

We have decided to deprecate the OpenMRS Dictionary Manager application starting from the end of February 2023 and fully shut down the application starting this April 2023. Now, we will no longer be providing any updates, bug fixes, or support for the application. Detail Post…

We encourage OpenMRS users to use OCL Term Browser for content management. I was focused on the planning, continuous communication, discussion, and decision-making for sunsetting Dictionary Manager during the last two weeks of February. I started an early conversation in OCL for the OpenMRS squad call, studied Google Analysts to see the active users, and communicated with all the users about the decision and next steps. And finally came out with the final dates, now we are putting all the resources together so that OpenMRS users won’t face any difficulties while switching the application.

Fig: Google Analytics board for Dictionary Manager last month

As my interest to know the security status and management in OpenMRS, I have been going through a few of the resources and learning different standards.

I have also started writing test cases for the prototype of the ANC DAK project following some resources. Further, in ANC DAK, we have a timeline for UI/UX work, I have updated it in the wiki and we had Frank from InterSystems in our last ANC DAK call, it was a great session to learn about the rule editor, CDS hooks and thanks Frank for the demo.

Further, I have plans to support Daniel in the ANC DAK project and work closely with the OCL team to address OpenMRS user’s needs in the days to come.

Last week, the OpenMRS community held a mini-meeting, which was an excellent opportunity to connect with everyone from the community. The meeting was a great success, and we enjoyed lightning talks by Ellen and Grace and also the Implementer’s showcase. However, the highlight of the meeting was the Special Presentation on System Security: Secure Software Development by Nino Hares. It was an eye-opener, and we all gained valuable insights into the security of our software.

During the meeting, I had the privilege of representing two squads, the SMART & CDS Squad and the Dictionary Manager Squad. I presented on behalf of the SMART & CDS team and Dictionary Manager team, and the video recordings and presentation slides are available for anyone interested.

Recording: SMART & CDS Squad and the Dictionary Manager Squad

Presentation slides: SMART & CDS Squad and the Dictionary Manager Squad

In addition to the mini-meeting, we also had an ANC squad call where we got an update on the design work. Paul and Ciaran updated us on the progress so far, and it was fascinating to learn about their research, including how they conducted remote interviews and their findings. They interviewed nine different ANC users from Uganda, Kenya, Sierra Leone, and Haiti. During the interviews, they identified some significant problems, such as providers misinterpreting warning signs or patient data, lack of confidence in decision-making, and challenges in record-keeping due to patient velocity or under-resourced facilities.

However, they also found some opportunities to improve the system, such as utilizing expert colleagues, smart forms, and facilitating group care. We had a productive discussion on the next steps for the design team and how we could implement these opportunities. Further, We had a productive discussion on the CQL-API OpenMRS module over the WHO Implementing call, which has been causing us some issues lately.

Finally, Joe and I worked together to write a blog post on Using OCL for OpenMRS Concept Dictionary Management. This post will help OpenMRS users easily utilize OCL and improve their workflow.

Overall, last week was a great week for the OpenMRS community. We had a successful mini-meeting, productive squad calls, and progress on our projects. I look forward to continuing this momentum and working together to improve OpenMRS for everyone.

As a Product Management Fellow, my goal is to create designs that are visually appealing and easy to use, while also ensuring that they align with the overall design language of the application. Last week, I had the opportunity to work on a new UI for the OpenMRS O3, Admin Interstitial Page to integrate different applications like the OCL module. Thanks to Piumal, for working on the OpenMRS OCL module and making it available in O3.

However, integrating this new UI into the OpenMRS O3 platform was not an easy task. We had to decide where to link it, as placing it on the admin page would lead to Java complexity, and placing it in the App menu would create a long and messy list that does not align with the Carbon design. To solve this problem, I designed a new page in Carbon that serves as an intermediate page, which allows users to access the OCL subscription module without having to navigate through a long list of links. Detail design

In addition to working on the new UI for the OCL subscription module, I had a discussion with Erica regarding the ANC DAK roadmap and major deliverables. We finalized the dates and made necessary amendments to ensure the project stays on track and meets its objectives.

During the WHO implementing call last Tuesday, the OpenMRS team presented the UX design updates. Ciaran’s presentation on the UX design update received great enthusiasm, and the team had a few questions regarding what users are mainly concerned about. Regarding, the development, we are receiving significant support from Chris Schuler, a senior engineer at Smile, who is helping us resolve the issues Daniel is facing with the CQL engine implementation. Chris’s expertise has been invaluable in ensuring that the platform is not only beautiful but also functions as intended.

Working on the ANC DAK project has been an exciting experience, and I look forward to continuing to contribute to the project.

1 Like

As a fellow member of the OpenMRS community, I want to keep everyone updated on my activities for the first two weeks of April.

Firstly, I was involved in the OCL quarterly update call. During this call, we shared our achievements from the last quarter and discussed our plans for this quarter. We covered several topics, including OCL discourse chat, SSO authentication in OCL, sorting mapping feature in OCL, Summary and Cloning feature in beta. Additionally, we have some exciting features for OpenMRS users this quarter, including collection summary API and tabs, different FHIR features, Walled garden, promoting relevant user content related to OpenMRS smart-dictionary.

Secondly, I have started an AI Product Management Course to enhance my PM skills. So far, I have learned about the importance of feedback and ways to provide constructive feedback, teamwork, and skills to manage a team, identifying and prioritizing AI product opportunities, understanding the technical and ethical implications of AI, working with cross-functional teams to develop AI products, and measuring the success of those products. I have also learned about the latest AI technologies and trends, such as machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision, and predictive analytics.

I am excited to apply the skills I learn from the course to OpenMRS and contribute to the community.

Further, I will spend rest of the month to work for ANC DAK project and OCL for OpenMRS.

April has been a very productive month for me as a fellow. I worked closely with my mentor Grace and we have updated my fellowship plans. In the last two weeks, we analyzed my achievements so far and planned my priorities for the next month. We also had a check-in with Jennifer, where I shared my learnings and major focus areas for the next few months.

Working closely with my mentor has been an enriching experience. We have been able to track my progress and identify areas where I need to improve. Additionally, Jennifer’s check-in helped me to identify my focus areas and plan my priorities accordingly. By leading the squad calls and maintaining the roadmap, I will be able to ensure that everyone is on the same page and working towards the same goals.

I am excited about the upcoming month as I will be focusing on team coordination/communication, and working closely with Andy to communicate mapping inaccuracies in the DAK/Level 2 ANC. I will also be leading the squad calls, maintaining the roadmap, and focusing on different deadlines. Additionally, I will escalate new priorities and concerns to OCL partners and maintain a positive, ongoing relationship with them.

One of my recent accomplishments was finalizing the intermediate Admin page for O3 by studying tiles in carbon design. Now, I will be coordinating with front-end engineers to implement it. I have also worked on the ANC DAK sheet to highlight some 89 erroneous concepts that concern Andy, making it easier to report and discuss with the WHO team. Furthermore, I have compiled the resources for the ANC DAK indicator, and we are planning to try out a prototype for an indicator in the CQL engine as we are trying for Careplan.

I am excited to continue working on my projects and collaborating with my team members to ensure that we achieve our goals.

Productive Meetings and Collaborative Development: Updates and Discussions

As a fellowship update for the first two weeks of May, I will highlight some of the productive meetings. These meetings involved various developers and covered a wide range of topics, including project discussions, UI design, feature updates, and issue resolutions. The conversations were aimed at fostering collaboration, sharing knowledge, and making progress on the ANC DAK project, the O3 Admin page, and other related initiatives.

One of the most fruitful meetings I had was with Hadijah and Daniel. We delved into a comprehensive discussion about the ANC DAK project as a whole and specifically focused on the front-end tasks required for implementing the ANC module. During the meeting, I shared the latest prototype UI design, which had been created and shared by Ciran. We examined the design and explored ways to implement it. The meeting was instrumental in aligning our understanding and setting clear goals for the front-end development tasks. Another meeting worth highlighting is the one I had with Dennis and Hadijah. The purpose of this meeting was to discuss the intermediate Admin page for O3. We engaged in a productive conversation, exchanging ideas and insights on how to design and develop this crucial feature. I expressed my gratitude to Hadijah for taking the initiative to work on it.

During a one-on-one meeting with Joe, he shared his valuable experience and key takeaways from the OHIE (OpenHIE) meeting. We also discussed the developments in OCL and how they were focusing on introducing features such as adding references and implementing fuzzy matching. These updates were particularly exciting as they would greatly benefit the OpenMRS users. In the OCL for OpenMRS squad call, we discussed the integration of SNOMED with Bahmni as shared by Andy as he had attended the Bahmni call recently. Additionally, the squad call addressed the issue faced by MSF and PIH, aiming to identify quick and effective solutions.

Unveiling the ANC DAK Journey: Roadmap, Collaboration, and Sprint Board

As a PM Lead for the ANC DAK project, I recently had an insightful conversation with Daniel. His findings regarding the CQL evaluator’s behavior were intriguing and shed light on potential improvements. The major findings and open questions include:

• CQL Engine assumes all observations are under the same encounter- The care plan does not run if different observations are done in different encounters. Eg: In the ANC.DT.17 Pre-eclampsia Plan Definition, if BP is taken in one encounter, and Urine dipstick results in another, it does not trigger the care plan. So, can we move forward with this condition to have all obs under one encounter?
  • In OpenMRS filling up the observation does not require an encounter but CQL Engine requires an encounter to run a care plan so we need to clearly document in this ANC DAK project that, there must be an encounter in OpenMRS in order to run a care plan.

Analyzing the existing timelines and deliverables, I took the initiative to craft an ANC DAK mini-roadmap. This roadmap serves as a visual guide, outlining the project’s goals, milestones, and anticipated progress on a monthly basis.

I facilitated collaboration between team members involved in different aspects of the project. Firstly, I connected Hadijah with the Admin Interstial page frontend work. Her expertise and dedication make her a valuable asset to the team, and she has started working on the frontend tasks following a design review conducted by Paul, our experienced designer. This collaborative effort ensures that the front-end development aligns with the project’s design principles and user experience goals. Furthermore, I initiated a connection between Ciaran and Hadijah to review the ANC DAK prototype. Following a series of insightful interviews, Ciaran will present new designs during the upcoming ANC DAK meeting on 7th June.

To streamline our workflow and track progress effectively, I designed a sprint board for the ANC DAK project. This board serves as a visual representation of the project’s tasks, allowing team members to have a clear overview of ongoing and upcoming work. Every 15 days, starting from June, the team will gather to assess the progress made, discuss any obstacles encountered, and identify opportunities for improvement. This iterative approach will foster continuous learning and help us adapt to changing circumstances, ultimately delivering a high-quality ANC DAK product.

ANC DAK Project Update and OCL Mapping Tutorial

ANC DAK Project Progress: Over the past weeks, the ANC DAK squad- Ciran, our lead designer, Hadijah, and Daniel, lead developers have been in continuous communication. We recently had a productive squad call where we explored potential workflows within the ANC module. Building on this discussion and UI/UX research conducted by Ciaran and Paul, they have submitted a complete prototype design.

We are eagerly looking forward to our next squad call on Wednesday, June 21st, at 3 pm UTC, where we will dive deeper into the prototype design. This session will provide an opportunity to share feedback, ask questions, and ensure that the design aligns with the project’s goals and user requirements. Also, we will have a dev-designer handover session, we aim to minimize any potential gaps and ensure a successful project outcome. We encourage everyone to join us.

OCL Mapping Tutorial: During a recent meeting with Joe, we identified a common source of confusion among OpenMRS users when it comes to editing mappings, particularly Questions, and Answers in the OCL Termbrowser. To address this issue, I have prepared a tutorial video that provides step-by-step guidance on various mapping features. This video demonstrates how to add new mappings and remove existing ones, offering clarity and support to OpenMRS users encountering mapping-related challenges. By referring users to this video resource, we can enhance their experience and empower them to effectively utilize the OCL Termbrowser. Let’s dive into the details!

2 Likes

ANC DAK Call and Prototype Challenges

In my final weeks of the fellowship, we had an incredibly productive ANC DAK call last week, where we synchronized efforts and ensured everyone was up to date on the backend development work by Daniel, the frontend development work by Hadijah, and the design handover by Ciaran. Grace expertly led the discussion, clarifying timelines and deliverables, resulting in a cohesive and informed team.

During this week, I focused on developing a prototype for ANC DAK ANC.DT.06, which involved addressing physical symptoms and exam results requiring referral. However, I encountered a challenge regarding multiple IDs for a data element. For instance, the data element “Severe headache” had two IDs: ANC.B5.DE57 and ANC.B8.DE29. As we needed a single Data Element ID to query it to the CQL engine, this issue became a roadblock for further progress. To resolve this concern, I proactively posted the details in the FHIR chat channel, hopeful that a solution will soon be found.