My OpenMRS Fellowship Journey: Suruchi

We have decided to deprecate the OpenMRS Dictionary Manager application starting from the end of February 2023 and fully shut down the application starting this April 2023. Now, we will no longer be providing any updates, bug fixes, or support for the application. Detail Post…

We encourage OpenMRS users to use OCL Term Browser for content management. I was focused on the planning, continuous communication, discussion, and decision-making for sunsetting Dictionary Manager during the last two weeks of February. I started an early conversation in OCL for the OpenMRS squad call, studied Google Analysts to see the active users, and communicated with all the users about the decision and next steps. And finally came out with the final dates, now we are putting all the resources together so that OpenMRS users won’t face any difficulties while switching the application.

Fig: Google Analytics board for Dictionary Manager last month

As my interest to know the security status and management in OpenMRS, I have been going through a few of the resources and learning different standards.

I have also started writing test cases for the prototype of the ANC DAK project following some resources. Further, in ANC DAK, we have a timeline for UI/UX work, I have updated it in the wiki and we had Frank from InterSystems in our last ANC DAK call, it was a great session to learn about the rule editor, CDS hooks and thanks Frank for the demo.

Further, I have plans to support Daniel in the ANC DAK project and work closely with the OCL team to address OpenMRS user’s needs in the days to come.