My OpenMRS Fellowship Journey: Suruchi

New Fellowship!! Excited and Commited :fireworks: :fireworks:

Hi everyone, I am back with my updates on the fellowship. My previous fellowship successfully ended on 31st of December 2021 and now I have started my new fellowship as a PM from March. I would like to thank OpenMRS and especially Grace and Jennifer for trusting me and again allowing me to contribute to the community as a fellow.

I was always around and looking over the Dictionary Manager and OCL in the previous months and now I am excited with my new responsibilities and committed to improving content management in OpenMRS.

During the first two weeks of March, I was involved in my regular input to user’s assistance. I interacted with Wamathaga and guided him to solve a few of the issues he was facing while using Dictionary Manager and further, I talked with Antony to get an update about his plan to use CIEL as their dictionary. Earlier in February, we were discussing different approaches on how we could make OCL and DM to manage content in his organization including the local concepts, and now finally reached the conclusion to use CIEL. Also, I regularly contacted developers working in DM and subscription module and got updated.

Further, I lead the regular OCL for OpenMRS squad call where we discussed the different use cases of concept customization, thanks to Michael for his efforts to present it among the team.

Now, I have planned to assist the Palladium team during the rest of March and conduct the regular squad call and update the backlog for the subscription module remaining issues.

5 Likes