My OpenMRS Fellowship Journey 2022: Joshua Nsereko

My second month (June)

I have finished like three quarters of the work i had to do with this testing. But it has taken me another month yet it still seams like it might need some little alternation or addition to FM2-460: Create a real integration test for the Patient domain by jnsereko · Pull Request #402 · openmrs/openmrs-module-fhir2 · GitHub.

My goal this month

• Migrating work to a new module just like I had done it before :white_check_mark:
  • Skipping it’s tests locally but running them on pull requesting :white_check_mark:
  • Migrating running and stoping docker into a new Job :white_check_mark:

What was hard

• updating the openmrs instance to use the latest of the FHIR2 module, that is to use the build at the current PR. We had to delete the omod file that comes bundled in the qa-openmrs docker image at default and add our own generated after successful build of the project.
  • I had to migrate this functionality to a new job (b/c docker has issues with windows ) which means that the functionality of building the .omod file was in another job hence another runner, we had to find a way of sharing the build output to the second Job which i did through artifact upload and download.

Future of this work

• Extending what is done here to more domains beyond Patient
  • Creating issues for the interested to crime in

Now that i think the instance is working well, I am going to devote some of my time to look into how to raise tests of 3.X together with performance of the different components of the 3.X with regards to O3: Improving O3 Performance

I wouldn’t have reached this far if it wasn’t the help of @ibache, @dkayiwa @kdaud and @sharif that have repeatedly reviewed and suggested on my PR. Thank you so much

cc @jennifer @christine

5 Likes