Mvn failure when building Metadata Mapping Module locally

Building the metadata mapping module with maven fails for me.

First, I’m seeing this error message:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.4.1:single (zip-owa) on project metadatamapping-owa: Assembly is incorrectly configured: null: Assembly is incorrectly configured: null: [ERROR] Assembly: null is not configured correctly: Assembly ID must be present and non-empty. [ERROR] → [Help 1]

This appears to be because the assembly.xml does have an tag. (See: [MASSEMBLY-517] Assembly fails with empty id element now - ASF JIRA)

I add an tag to the assembly.xml (just something random like “test”) and I get farther, but then run into this:

[ ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.4:copy (include-owa) on project metadatamapping-omod: Unable to find artifact. Failure to find org.openmrs.module:metadatamapping-owa:zip:1.2.2-SNAPSHOT in JFrog was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of openmrs-repo has elapsed or updates are forced [ERROR] [ERROR] Try downloading the file manually from the project website. [ERROR] [ERROR] Then, install it using the command: [ERROR] mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.openmrs.module -DartifactId=metadatamapping-owa -Dversion=1.2.2-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=zip -Dfile=/path/to/file [ERROR] [ERROR] Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there: [ERROR] mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.openmrs.module -DartifactId=metadatamapping-owa -Dversion=1.2.2-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=zip -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id] [ERROR] [ERROR] [ERROR] org.openmrs.module:metadatamapping-owa:zip:1.2.2-SNAPSHOT [ERROR] [ERROR] from the specified remote repositories: [ERROR] openmrs-repo (JFrog, releases=true, snapshots=true), [ERROR] openmrs-repo-thirdparty (JFrog, releases=true, snapshots=true), [ERROR] openmrs-bintray-repo (https://dl.bintray.com/openmrs/maven/, releases=true, snapshots=true), [ERROR] central (Central Repository:, releases=true, snapshots=false) [ERROR] → [Help 1] [ERROR]

Thoughts on what is going on here?

@raff

Thanks! Mark

I have just compiled it with Java 8 and all was well. Which version of Java are you using?

Hmm… I am using Java 7.

This module should still compile on Java 7, correct?

Take care, Mark

I have just compiled it again successfully with Java 7. Could it be something in your .m2 folder?

The issue is we haven’t declared a version of the assembly plugin so the build may fail on systems using a newer version, which requires assembly Id.

The other issue is that we forgot to add a dependency on owa to the omod pom.

Let me fix all that.

I decided to simplify the setup and use the latest version of SDK for packaging. Fixed in: https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-module-metadatamapping/commit/a208833dfdefd65cc821cba7a9220463df5c086c

@mogoodrich, let me know if it works for you now.

It worked thanks @raff!