One of the endTB requirements is to define a schedule of treatment for each patient when s/he enrols into a program. These are more than just appointments for the follow up visits and should also be able to capture investigation schedule (e.g. perform x-ray every six months). Against this schedule there is expectation that:
- it can display which events have completed or missed
- ability to create reports and view across patients for the state like above
This is essentially a program management requirement and not so much EMR (or it might be an EMR requirement too, i don’t know).
Does anyone have any suggestions on whether and which existing data model of OpenMRS would work for this?
- Program workflow state don’t fit nicely in it because the schedule spans in future.
- Using future orders was also suggested during the discussion, but this don’t seem like real orders.
- Another suggestion was to do calculate this on the fly wherever required. I feel this is not scaleable for reporting purposes and introduces complexity in code which could be managed easily by data.