Proposal: Build a solution for Mobile Medical Units and Satellite Clinics, based on one parent server, and multiple child servers, with one-way sync of metadata from parent to children, and two-way sync of data, based on FHIR.
- Bahmni Offline targets the “single offline device” use case, but it doesn’t address the needs of a remote clinic with separate devices for registration, consultation, dispensing, etc.
- The code we use to integrate Bahmni with the SHR in Bangladesh is a good starting point here
- (To do: share the original concept note for this, currently a google doc)
We discussed this on our 28-Sep-2016 Bahmni Product Architecture Team call. Outcome: This is important, and we want it on the product roadmap soon. We will start investigating this, including looping in UX to think about flows. We’ll start looking to reserve dev capacity for this.
- Everyone agrees this is a very important use case
- There are some specific TW-supported implementations who would like to pilot this.
- This will cover a lot of the broad “Synchronization” use case in OpenMRS, e.g. the sort of thing that IMB/PIH Rwanda does with the Sync module
- This will also solve the “limited sync” use case (e.g. point 1 mentioned on this thread)