Missing OpenMRS AMI on Amazon EC2

I am trying to install OpenMRS on Amazon EC2, and I am following this guide: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Installing+OpenMRS+on+Amazon+EC2

However, the AMI that I am supposed to choose (ami-cca25ea5 , “Ubuntu 10.10 ready for OpenMRS.”) is missing, and I would appreciate any type of guidance in this matter.

cc @cintiadr

I believe this is a duplicate of this topic.

In short, the AWS instance was made years ago and has since been removed. Any wiki page referring to it could be edited to mention this fact.

Thank you for your feedback. I have updated the wiki page to mention that the AMI is no longer available. Since ami-cca25ea5 is no longer available, which AMI should I use if I am trying to setup OpenMRS on an EC2?

Someone (or yourself) will need to publish a new image. Ideally, it would be built using the SDK as @cintiadr explains here.

I don’t think we’ve seen enough demand for AMI images yet to make this part of the infrastructure (i.e., build/maintain an AMI image using our continuous integration pipeline).

Alright, I will give that a try. Thank you so much for your quick and resourceful feedback!

I’d recommend taking the latest ubuntu ami. Ubuntu is pretty friendly (for a linux distro). You can install openmrs manually, or you can use docker if you prefer. If you are in AWS, you might consider using their MySQL instead of running manually, as it solves backups and redundancy for you.

For any future reference, OpenMRS has an AWS account, and we couldn’t achieve this automated using packer or similar tool. But agree there’s not enough demand right now.