Migrate my OpenMRS implementation from windows to linux

Reference Application 2.9

Hi. I’ve been 1 year with my implementation and everything has worked very well. I have it hosted in Amazon Web Services, in an instance with windows for Tomcat and an RDS instance for the database.

The Amazon Web Services instances with linux are cheaper, so I have tried to migrate my windows implementation to a linux one, with the same version of tomcat and the same version of java and it has always given me errors.

Is there a guide for doing this migration?

Kindly share the error log to help identify the problem.

@elkinleon Would love to know how fur have you gone with migrating to Linux, are you successful in migrating

@elkinleaon what java and tomcat versions are you running??

I’m new here and just installed OpenMRS on my local linux machine.

Can you confirm that you are still using the same MySQL connection? Did you run into MVN errors?

1 Like

Hi to all, thanks for your replies. Unfortunately i can’t complete the migration and i’m still on Windows. My tomcat version is 8.5 and java 1.8.

Its unfortunate that you haven’t got the solution. Its hard for someone to figure out where you are blocked because the information you provide is not sufficient. Kindly elaborate more on what you were doing and the error log you got.

@elkinleon backup your current database,then move the openmrs to the linux environment.drop here the steps you tried out!!

Tomcat 7.0.* is recommended.

Of recent we upgraded tomcat version to 7.0.100 in the Standalone container and we ran into Start up errors. i had to revert it to 7.0.50 for the Standalone container to run smoothly.

1 Like

But you need to share the error logs

1 Like

@mozzy that problem was specific to the standalone and has nothing to do with the enterprise installation.

1 Like