Maven test errors in openmrs-web when building on Windows 8.1

Platform Version: Windows 8.1 OpenMRS Version: openmrs-core

Question: I’m trying to build openmrs-core but I keep getting this build error:

Results :

Tests in error: 
  WebModuleUtilTest.startModule_dwrModuleXmlshouldContainModuleInfo:160 » Module
  WebModuleUtilTest.startModule_shouldCreateDwrModulesXmlIfNotExists:135 » Module

Tests run: 339, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 6

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Reactor Summary:
[INFO] 
[INFO] OpenMRS ............................................ SUCCESS [ 10.344 s]
[INFO] openmrs-tools ...................................... SUCCESS [  2.818 s]
[INFO] openmrs-test ....................................... SUCCESS [  0.563 s]
[INFO] openmrs-api ........................................ SUCCESS [03:16 min]
[INFO] openmrs-web ........................................ FAILURE [01:24 min]
[INFO] openmrs-webapp ..................................... SKIPPED
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 04:54 min
[INFO] Finished at: 2015-09-16T01:20:02-04:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 26M/473M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.18.1:test (default-test) on project openmrs-web: There are test failures.
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] Please refer to D:\My Documents\3rd Year 2015-2016\CIS 399\Project\openmrs-core\web\target\surefire-reports for the individual test results.
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :openmrs-web

I’ve seen a similar thread that said to try and build without tests but that hasn’t worked either. I have eclipse 4.4.2 and java 1.8 installed. Is there something that I need to do with MySQL first in order for it to build?

I ran with the -e flag and got this

You should look for failed test inside the surfire-reports directory shown to you and paste here so that @dkayiwa or some other developer can take a look. But i don’t think that is a problem with the code. I had be suffering with that for months now on my windows 8.1, but recently i wanted try something, i created a windows 7 virtual machine and did mvn clean install and everything was successfully but when i came back to ubuntu or windows 8.1 and build the same code get test failures. For now i think you should build with mvn clean install -DskipTests=true to skip the tests.