Mark Patient as Dead

developers-forum
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f23de03d7d0>

(Daniel Kayiwa) #6

@slubwama did you get to create this pull request?

(Samuel Lubwama) #7

No but let me do this on Monday

(Hameedullah Pardess) #8

Will you add your changes in RefApp 2.6 release?

(Daniel Kayiwa) #9

@hpardess the testing of what is in refapp 2.6 was done here: uat-refapp.openmrs.org So take a look and get the answer. :smile:

(Hameedullah Pardess) #10

I do not have value in drop-down. Is it a concept? Do I need to add options for this concept?

(Daniel Kayiwa) #11

You need to set the value (numeric conceptId) of the setting named “concept.causeOfDeath” which is described as “Concept id of the concept defining the CAUSE OF DEATH concept”

What concept(s) are you using for cause of death for your implementations?
How to set a patient's cause of death?
Why do we require a cause of death concept to mark patient as dead?
(Samuel Lubwama) #12

I agree with @dkayiwa. Concept cause of death is a required concept. Found this http://maternalconceptlab.com/search.php?q=5002&source=openmrs

Hope this draws a better reference for you @hpardess

What concept(s) are you using for cause of death for your implementations?
(Hameedullah Pardess) #13

Thanks.

Can I customize it? And add a text field to write details of cause of death and the provider id who set the patient as deceased. Also ward where the patient is deceased.

(Samuel Lubwama) #14

Just Identified that I forgot to include the person changing the person record is not Included. Raise it as an issue then I will handle it.

About the detailed cause of death. do you want that as a text field or selected field from a given set of concepts.??

(Hameedullah Pardess) #15

I would prefer to have both a drop-down and a text field where a provider can write further details in his language. or may select other option from dropdown and write the details in text field

(Samuel Lubwama) #16

this is clear now. lets see a work around

(Gibril Gómez) #17

How do i configure “Cause of Dead” drop down list - step by step guide.

Thanks in advance.

gg

(Gibril Gómez) #18

I was able to figure it out, working perfectly now.

Thanks gg

(Samuel Lubwama) #19

Hello @dkayiwa I am improving this functionality by adding on a text box as requested in https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/RA-134. However there is no free text cause of death for person object. This means there is need of creating an encounter when a patient is marked dead. The challenge of such an encounter is that we cant dictate for people the encounter type. If we are to do a setting as global property for this encounter type it will be alot of settings for this one thing. I am requesting for guidance on how to handle this. Thanks

(Daniel Kayiwa) #20

How about storing it in a person attribute?

(Wyclif Luyima) #21

Are we saying the encounter is to be required? I’d think no, you can only set an encounter if the patient dies in during an encounter.

(Samuel Lubwama) #22

@wyclif No the encounter is not required. but we are talking about improving the functionality in ref app to have a free text which can have some details for cause of death. The current functionality doesn’t carter for that. I was requesting for guidance on how to improve this functionality. Thats all

(Darius Jazayeri) #23

@slubwama, capturing free-text cause of death generally makes sense to me. I would suggest that you create a ticket for adding this to the openmrs-core data model, so that we eventually get this in there.

If this will get implemented in the next planned refapp version, and thus should be able to use the next platform release, we’d just handle it that way.

Or do you need to make it run on the current platform, prior to adding this to the core data model?

(Wyclif Luyima) #24

@slubwama okay I get that, I guess I was trying to understand what you meant by the quote above.

(Samuel Lubwama) #25

@darius the improvement is to ensure that the ticket https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/RA-134 closes. One of the acceptance criteria was to have a free text cause of death on top of the coded cause of death which is already existing. It would be nice to have it as part of the openmrs-core. I am going to create the ticket. Am I allowed to write code for core. as dev 2 if so I will be happy to do so. with guidance.