Looking for the OpenMRS 2.6.0 Platform Release Manager

Yeah it would.

i have gone through a couple of resources on UAT Platform and none seems to really describe how testing of platform can be done on the UAT Platform Server.

Any help rendered to me in that regard is highly welcome @tendomart @kdaud

@mherman22 Nothing really hard, the Idea is look at the Tickets done at your Release notes page, those are things you need to test, using the Refapp.

Some are deployment Issues and may require a local setup or a remote setup to test the container state instance it’s self like [TRUNK-6083] Build and deploy docker image for openmrs-core - OpenMRS Issues, for such an issue, you can pull the image and spin a container on your local machine or still setup the container on one of the remote servers on the openmrs infra.

2 Likes

This server is running platform 2.6.0-alpha: qa-refapp.openmrs.org

It would be enough if some rudimentary testing is done to ensure that all the features here: Reference Application 2.11.0 - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki, work as advertised.

3 Likes

Thanks @tendomart , this is really helpful.

Great. I will share the talkpost for everyone to test out the 2.6.0-alpha and I’ll take part too in the process.

Thanks @dkayiwa

I think it’s about time we moved ahead and began on the beta release since the time set for the alpha release testing is done..

Was any testing done? If yes, how did it go? What were the results?

Tested against the https://qa-refapp.openmrs.org/openmrs/referenceapplication/home.page using the qaframework feature workflows. I did this locally.

checkoout → OpenMRS Platform 2.6.0-alpha Testing - Google Sheets for the results.

And i think everything looks okay unless i missed something.

Then your suggestion of moving to beta makes sense. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We are getting the following when we try to release core 2.6.0-beta to maven.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.7:deploy (default-deploy) on project openmrs: Failed to deploy artifacts: Could not find artifact org.openmrs:openmrs:pom:2.6.0-beta in openmrs-repo-releases (https://mavenrepo.openmrs.org/nexus/content/repositories/releases) -> [Help 1]

/cc: @abertnamanya @dkayiwa @tendomart

@mherman22 did which release number did you use, it’s complaining 2.6.0-beta

*[ERROR] mvn release:perform failed. Fix the problem and try another release number.*

I deleted the tag 2.6.0-beta and release again.

And did you make the version 2.6.0-beta-SNAPSHOT

Thanks for deleting the tag. i am gonna release again.

Yes and Here are the custom variables i used

maven.release.version|2.6.0-beta|
maven.development.version|2.6.0-beta-SNAPSHOT

/cc: @tendomart

@mherman22 isn’t the development version supposed to be 2.6.0-SNAPSHOT instead of 2.6.0-beta-SNAPSHOT ?

and what’s the build.release.type ?

isn’t this variable available in platform and not core?

lemi use the 2.6.0-SNAPSHOT as advised

1 Like

I meant to ask the value for which you set it to releases or prereleases

yeah, that plan variable is available in platform

@tendomart kindly delete the tag again for me

I have deleted the tag .

1 Like

/cc: @dkayiwa @ibacher @tendomart

The release to maven of Core 2.6.0-beta is failing with the following as was here:-

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.4:install (default-install) on project openmrs: Failed to install artifact org.openmrs:openmrs:pom:2.6.0-SNAPSHOT: /home/bamboo-agent/.m2/repository/org/openmrs/openmrs/2.6.0-SNAPSHOT/openmrs-2.6.0-SNAPSHOT.pom (Permission denied) -> [Help 1]

Failing plan → OpenMRS Core - Openmrs Core 2.6.x 36: Build result summary - OpenMRS Bamboo

Logs → OpenMRS Core - Openmrs Core 2.6.x - Release to maven 36: Build log - OpenMRS Bamboo