Login page override

All,

I am trying to override the refApp login page by providing a page that implements PageRequestMapper but I keep on getting browser getting into an endless loop that cannot display the page. And this what the browser is reoporting The page isn’t redirecting properlyFirefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies. Here is the class that is responsible. When I tried logging at this ilne, I got the following on the logs

Request for referenceapplication:login (mapped to aihdconfigs:aihdLogin) Request for referenceapplication:login (mapped to aihdconfigs:aihdLogin) Request for referenceapplication:login (mapped to aihdconfigs:aihdLogin) Request for referenceapplication:login (mapped to aihdconfigs:aihdLogin) Request for referenceapplication:login (mapped to aihdconfigs:aihdLogin) Request for referenceapplication:login (mapped to aihdconfigs:aihdLogin) Request for referenceapplication:login (mapped to aihdconfigs:aihdLogin) Request for referenceapplication:login (mapped to aihdconfigs:aihdLogin) Request for referenceapplication:login (mapped to aihdconfigs:aihdLogin) Request for referenceapplication:login (mapped to aihdconfigs:aihdLogin) Request for referenceapplication:login (mapped to aihdconfigs:aihdLogin) Request for referenceapplication:login (mapped to aihdconfigs:aihdLogin) Request for referenceapplication:login (mapped to aihdconfigs:aihdLogin) Request for referenceapplication:login (mapped to aihdconfigs:aihdLogin) Request for referenceapplication:login (mapped to aihdconfigs:aihdLogin) Request for referenceapplication:login (mapped to aihdconfigs:aihdLogin) Request for referenceapplication:login (mapped to aihdconfigs:aihdLogin) Request for referenceapplication:login (mapped to aihdconfigs:aihdLogin) Request for referenceapplication:login (mapped to aihdconfigs:aihdLogin)

It seems the browser try to redirect 20 times before it sinks and never be able to recover. FYI, I have commented out the implementation section for the module to load on my server and allow me log in. Anything that can be done to avert this from happening? maybe restrict the number of calls to utmost one? @darius @dkayiwa @raff @mksd @mogoodrich @ssmusoke. I have tried clearing/enabling cookies but to no success

We don’t experience this issue on Ref App 2.3.1 with our custom login page. And here is our custom PageRequestMapper for your reference.
Two obvious differences with yours:

1. Ours implements PageRequestMapper. I would assume that this is absolutely mandatory, I don’t really understand why that’s commented out in your code (here).
  2. Ours always returns true.

I’m stressing that we are on Ref App 2.3.1 while observing that you are on Ref App 2.6+, or at least you most most likely are as per your POM.

Thanks for the reply. I just commended that piece out to enable me load the module. I will check my pom too.

@mksd Thank you. I followed your example and it worked out. I think I was returning false at the end which was wrong