I’ve gotten my local development environment setup by cloning openmrs-core from GitHub and adding 2.8.0 reference application add-on modules downloaded from SourceForge (https://sourceforge.net/projects/openmrs/files/releases/OpenMRS_Reference_Application_2.8.0/referenceapplication-addons-2.8.0.zip/download). Everything builds correctly and I’m able to deploy the build using Jetty.
When I log in as an administrator, why does the UI in my local environment not match the UI that I see on Demo (https://demo.openmrs.org)?
This is what my local environment’s UI looks like:
This is what the Demo UI looks like:
I want to make sure I have an apples to apples local environment setup before diving into any tickets.
Can you please list down your installed modules and the running states here?
Apart from this, Have you checked about OpenMRS SDK? Once you installed OpenMRS SDK, you can simply install the Reference module and get this UI .
@andrewfisher have you tried clicking on the Administration on your tool bar?
These are the installed modules. All are running except for the 3 listed as “not started.”
- Atlas Module 2.2
- Form Entry App Module 1.4.2
- Metadata Sharing 1.5.0
- Reporting 1.16.0
- ID Generation 4.5.0
- EMR API Module 1.24.4
- Allergy UI Module 1.8.1
- Registration App Module 1.12.0
- HTML Form Entry UI Framework Integration Module 1.7.0
- App Framework Module 2.11.0
- Reporting REST 1.10.0
- Reference Metadata Module [Not Started] 2.8.0
- Metadata Mapping 1.3.4
- Admin UI Module 1.2.3
- Metadata Deploy 1.10.0
- OpenMRS UI Framework 3.13.0
- App UI Module 1.8.0
- Reference Application Module [Not Started] 2.8.0
- Reporting Compatibility 2.0.5
- HTML Widgets 1.9.0
- Serialization Xstream 0.2.14
- Address Hierarchy 2.11.0
- Registration Core Module 1.8.0
- Core Apps Module 1.19.0
- Event Module 2.6.0
- Chart Search Module 2.1.0
- Provider Management Module 2.10.0
- Calculation 1.2
- Appointment Scheduling UI Module 1.7.0
- Open Web Apps Module 1.9.0
- FHIR Module 1.13.0
- HTML Form Entry 3.7.0
- UI Commons Module 2.6.0
- Rest Web Services OMOD 2.22.0.ba95a3
- Reporting UI Module 1.6.0
- Appointment Scheduling Module 1.9.0
- Legacy UI Module 1.4.0
- Data Exchange Module 1.3.2
- UI Library Module 2.0.6
- Reference Demo Data Module [Not Started] 1.4.4
Looking at this list it seems like my UI doesn’t match because the Reference Application Module isn’t started. Is that the right assumption? If so, I’ll install that via the SDK.
Yes , that’s correct. You can try to start the module manually but it may fail. In such a case, you could try the OpenMRS sdk which is much faster and easier a method for installing OpenMRS than the others.