Linking Diagnosis & Medication tabs to forms

Hi all. I would like to know whether i can link the fields in main consultation tabs (Like orders, diagnosis, medication etc) to the custom made fields in observation forms?

For Example: I have attached two screenshots. I would like to know whether it is possible to link the the drug name field in first screen shot (Medication tab) with the drug name field in second screenshot (Medication form)

Moved to the bahmni category.

No. Observation are different than medication orders. Forms allow only observations right now. Its possible to list out meds (for data capture) in the obs, but they will not be saved as “med orders”.

Dear Angshuman Sarkar, How should I list out drugs in observation form?

@hpone You will need to create them as regular obs concepts and add them to the form. Please note, in this case, they will be recorded as observations, they will be saved as medication orders.

1 Like

Can u explain the use-case for this? Seems like might need a feature enhancement to Bahmni Forms, to support adding of Drug Concepts.

I am trying to records patient’s medication history or medication list, drugs prescribed by other centres not using bahmni or self taking drugs. I could not find a solution and I am trying to create an observation form. But another problem is that this form should be treated as a condition, editable on multiple visits.

Bahmni does not currently support capturing drugs prescribed by practitioners from other facilities or self-prescribed meds. Bahmni follows the OpenMRS model that supports only the medication orders. Please refer to the ‘drug_order’ in this link OpenMRS Data Models. As a workaround, you could capture the existing medications in a form as text which is certainly not the ideal way to capture this info. Please note, information captured on a form shall not be editable beyond the duration of that particular encounter.

FHIR describes this particular usecase as a medication statement (MedicationStatement - FHIR v5.0.0), however the regular prescriptions follow the medication request model (MedicationRequest - FHIR v5.0.0).

1 Like

Thank you. This is very helpful.