Legacy UI model compile failure

Good afternoon, I am stuck on creating modules. When I follow step by step and run a maven clean test in the terminal I get a build failure. Here is my error message in pastebin. However when I click on “run as maven clean” I get build success. Here is the console output in pastebin.

My problem is that this method is not generating a legacyui-1.4.0-SNAPSHOT.omod file. Also once the legacyui-1.4.0-SNAPSHOT.omod file is created. What folder would it be placed in? My operating system is MacOs and I can’t find a modules folder.

@kyokobah which java version are you using ?

Go to Module directory Legacyui/Legacyui-omod /target/ you should be able to see the .omod file, you need to first run the module by mvn clean install

compiler says Java 1.8.2, but when I type java -version in terminal it says 15.0.2. I tried removing java 15.0.2 and using Java 8 but eclipse gives me this error. Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 3.37.25 AM

@kyokobah you can switch to java 8 for the legacy ui module to build successfully

You dont have to remove java 15 and you can have and manage different java versions on your machine by using jenv in conjunction with Home-brew for macOS

Are you able to get to this path @kyokobah

Yes but there’s nothing in the folder. It’s empty.Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 11.32.42 AM `

Run mvn clean package to fill that folder.

1 Like