Last minute rudimentary testing for Platform 2.3.2

@jwnasambu the actual cause is somewhere above, in the logs: Could not find artifact org.openmrs.web:openmrs-webapp:war:2.3.3 in openmrs-repo

It looks like one of your variables is pointing to openmrs version 2.3.3

Honestly am not sure what is happening at the back end because this is the content I entered maven.release.version " 2.3.2
maven.development.version " 2.3.3-SNAPSHOT
build.release.type " releases "

@dkayiwa and @cintiadr this is how the pom.xml and the history page for platform 2.3.x branch look like after running the release stages again on this link. What beats my understanding is the conflicting maven.release.version on the metadata field .

Which is contrary to the second part of the metadata field

I stand to be corrected but I suspect the different maven.release.versions on the metadata field could be the cause of this compilation error.

The compilation error is with the following logs

Error summary

The build generated some errors. See the full build log for more details.
    [ERROR] mvn release:prepare failed. Attempting to do a release rollback.
    [ERROR] mvn release:prepare failed, scroll up the logs to see the error. release:rollback was attempted. Delete the tag from the repository (if it exists), check if the SCM tag is a ssh and not http and try again. 

Can deleting the artifacts be able to solve the issue?

N/B this is the link to the latest build failure OpenMRS Platform - OpenMRS Platform - 2.3.x - Release to maven 97: Job result summary - OpenMRS Bamboo

So I didnā€™t realise that @dkayiwa had already released successfully:

I wasted a lot of time trying to get the build green. Next time it would be ideal if you could let me know if was already successful, so I wouldnā€™t spend time reverting whatever it did.

Thereā€™s another post about the sourceforge ones. I donā€™t think Iā€™m needed here.

@cintiadr am sorry for the pain I have caused you but to be honest am not seeing a successful release of platform 2.3.x on bamboo a part from the builds. A successful release is supposed to be a green tick contrary to build which is a green dot and I stand to be corrected because am just following the guide on this link . I really appreciate you also tried to release as reflected on this link and we are all failing to Release to maven including the rebuild by @dkayiwa on this link. which I want to believe was the cause of the release failing to appear on sourceforge and even when it appeared later on 6th October 2020, there was no ZIP file to be uploaded. That is why I was prompted to suggest the deletion of the artifacts so as to have a clean release.

Thanks so much! Honestly, openmrs is blessed to have you around.

@dkayiwa I have released platform 2.3.x on bamboo as reflected on this link https://ci.openmrs.org/browse/OP-OPM7-113 but still publish readme and publish war is failing on the Release 2nd stage and publish standalone on the 3rd stage. On the sourceforge openmrs.war and readme.txt are the only files reflected.

I really appreciate your help!

@dkayiwa I kindly need your help on how to fix the missing standalone file on the already released Platform_2.3.2 version.

Since that is already released, i can help you with 2.3.3

Oh thanks! Honestly, it has been a while since I released the 2.3.2 version which I believe people have already downloaded the version for production purpose. it will be unfair to delete the tag, artifacts on the sourceforge, Maven, etc for the sake of the standalone which can be fixed in 2.3.3.release. Once again, thanks for your advice.

@dkayiwa Am about to kit start the release process of 2.3.3 version basing on the work done on this link. Not unless you want to add some tickets to 2.3.3 platform to be released.