Last minute rudimentary testing for Platform 2.3.2

Am doing the last minute rudimentary testing for platform 2.3.2 minor release and am reaching out for help to ensure I meet the intended requirements in this release. I have read through each ticket description,comments and also followed TALK conversation of the given ticket to understand the intended effect once the issue is fixed. I have tried testing but am confused since I can’t tell where the effect is reflected for some ticket . I therefore, humbly request you help me test or you can guide me on how to go about the tickets you reported.

@mseaton TRUNK-5962 , TRUNK-5920,TRUNK-5897, TRUNK-5877

@mksd TRUNK-5862

@mogoodrich TRUNK-5821, TRUNK-5795

cc @dkayiwa, @ibacher, @mozzy

3 Likes

@jwnasambu I don’t have any insight into TRUNK-5795, but for TRUNK-5821 I would just look at the order table in the database and confirm that indexes exist on accession_number and order_number…

1 Like

Having looked at the tickets you listed, i can confidently say that go ahead and release.

3 Likes

Great work @jwnasambu!!

1 Like

@dkayiwa the release process is ongoing, only that I forgot to override the next development version parameter in openmrs-core 2.3.x while releasing which I suspect is resulting to a compilation error when I try to release on openmrs platform 2.3.x as reflected on the logs below

Kindly, help me on the way forward.

2 Likes

It would greatly help if you can share a link to the CI plan.

Thanks so so much. This is the link to openmrs-core 2.3.x CI where I forgot to override the next development version parameter and this is the CI link to openmrs Platform 2.3.x where I’m experiencing a compilation error.

Raise a pull request to fix the version in the pom.xml files.

I have raised it on this link https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-core/pull/3585. Thanks

The pull request needs to update all the pom.xml files.

@dkayiwa Kind help please! openmrs-core 2.3.x CI has build successfully after overriding the development parameter to the next version something I thought would automatically fix the build failure on openmrs platform 2.3.x and the release be reflected on the sourceforge since I had already released platform 2.3.x . On the contrary, standalone build is failing which I suspect the error source is from Liquibase. Kindly how do I go about this to finalize with this release?

cc @ibacher

I have created a pre_platform2.4 branch and configured your CI plan to depend on it. Can you try again?

I have attempt to rerun the build on platform 2.3.x branch, but am getting this error Plan 'OP-OPM7-81' started but a fatal error occurred and this is the entire error log https://pastebin.com/PczmVLKz. To figure out the cause of Unknown RepositoryDefinition 195428353) I followed this steps under "

*Bamboo administration -> Overview -> Build resources -> Linked repositories*

and I didn’t see openmrs platform 2.3.x branch among the Linked repositories yet its the plan am running which makes me suspect is the cause of this error. Though I have seen the add repository option, I wouldn’t like to do it without your consent. Any help is appreciated.

Which branch do you see displayed here? https://ci.openmrs.org/chain/result/viewChainResult.action?planKey=OP-OPM7&buildNumber=82

Its 2.3.x which is building successfully now but the entire of yesterday it was failing to build as reflected on this link OpenMRS Platform - OpenMRS Platform - 2.3.x 81: Build result summary - OpenMRS Bamboo and throwing that error.

I have tried to follow this guide keenly on releasing platform 2.3.x but am stack on step Number 10 and I kindly need help on the way forward. I specified the variable values as maven.release.version 2.3.2 maven.development.version 2.3.3 snapshot and build.release.type releases as its documented in the guide and can be reflected on this link but am running into a compilation error as reflected by the logs on this link https://ci.openmrs.org/browse/OP-OPM7-RTM-82/log of which I have tried to research around on the would be cause of the error and possible solution but its in vain. How can I go about this blocker?

Thanks in advance

@mogoodrich, @dkayiwa , @ibacher

Are you specifying it exactly as such?

No. I just used 2.3.2 because I had an assumption its the version which is need and the snapshot will be reflected automatically. Thanks so much for helping me identify my mistake. To fix it should I rerun the release steps again?

Then what did you mean by 2.3.3 snapshot?

What I meant was " maven.development.version represents the SNAPSHOT version which is 2.3.3. basing on how I understood which was wrong.