Join to develop openMRS Rest API documentation

Hi All

Am writing this on behalf of the Rest API documentation team (@burke , @batbrain7 @jwnasambu @tendomart)

Since Google Season of Docs came to an end we would like to invite all of you to contribute to our documentation web site which was built from slate.

3 Likes

@irenyak1 @jecihjoy

I found that you are interested in participating in the documentation

Good starting point would be to fork the repo and build the website first and play around. Make sure to star the repo as well :rofl:

There will be new documentation needs for the missing resource types as well as we need a testing round for commands we have in the samples mentioned.Also it would be nice to have Java and Javascript samples side by side with the curl commands.

Will update you soon with the tasks.

5 Likes

Hello @ayesh I cloned the repository and I’ve been looking at the source/includes/ folder and could not find a specific file for errors with the different error codes. Did you cater for them?

For most resources, there is an explanation of what error codes may be returned and why alongside the examples.

Are you suggesting a FAQ for common mistakes (errors) when using the API? Or a summary of error codes & responses (e.g., how to extract the message from an error response)?

Thanks alot @ayesh.

@irenyak1 are the errors to do with gem ?i had similar bundle errors.I don’t know wether , it what you got as well.

Yes @burke I was asking for a summary of error codes and responses file.

@ayesh I cloned the repo and installed bundle but upon running this command bundle exec middleman server after cd into the cloned folder, I get this error.

Traceback (most recent call last): 2: from /usr/local/bin/bundle:23:in `<main>' 1: from /usr/lib/ruby/2.5.0/rubygems.rb:308:in `activate_bin_path' /usr/lib/ruby/2.5.0/rubygems.rb:289:in `find_spec_for_exe': can't find gem bundler (>= 0.a) with executable bundle (Gem::GemNotFoundException)

what could be the problem?

1 Like

@ayesh finally I’ve been able to move over my blockers, got the server running and now can access the site at http://192.168.1.196:4568. Will be waiting for the kick start probably soon after the festive days. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @irenyak1 sorry for the late reply I was on a long vacation for my wedding :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@irenyak1

Hi Irene I merged you’re PR for the rest api in to the master. Thanks for the great work :smiley:

Welcome @ayesh and congratulations upon your wedding.

1 Like

Would be great to see some pics, if you do not mind. :smile:

1 Like

Ohh Congs @ayesh our warm greetings to your better half. May God bless your marriage.

2 Likes

Hi @dkayiwa

Oh sure :smiley: :star_struck:

Here they are

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dpEySTTgakg25lSdVBc5Tw1Mo2WcKpOj

Hi All

I fixed the gem issue which fails the CI of the documentation server. Any changes now onwards will be live from here :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

well done @ayesh and congs upon your wedding

1 Like

Wowww!!! You guys looked so amazing! :smile:

Wow I love your traditional wear.So lovely. :star_struck: :star_struck: