eHealth EMR Knowledge Management and Training Coordinator
We are Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF). We help people worldwide where the need is greatest, delivering emergency medical aid to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care. MSF-USA is an extremely diverse group of people working together towards MSF’s common mission. We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to their work at MSF-USA.
The eHealth Unit has the mandate to promote and advance secure, efficient, and effective use of health information from MSF operational activities, and help to inform future health information technology initiatives. The Unit supports the ability to capitalize on available information in order to make appropriate and timely management decisions, and rationalize reporting requirements by refining how data is gathered, used and shared. The Units work spans the entire development lifecycle from analysis of needs to deployment and long-term use of those systems and applications. The Unit has the responsibility to look to the future and further develop its information management capacity and systems, including better incorporation of the use of new technologies, to facilitate informed decision-making in order to adapt its humanitarian response to constantly changing situations.
The eHealth Unit team members are based in Paris, New York or in field missions and transverse between the operations, medical and IT departments. The Unit currently has two core teams, Health Management Information System (HMIS) team and Electronic Medical Records (EMR) team. The EMR team is responsible for the deployment, support and use of electronic medical record systems. The core system used is Bahmni, an open source medical record system built on top of OpenMRS. The EMR Knowledge Management and Training Coordinator functions as a core member of the eHealth Unit and will be responsible for developing and implementing the training and learning strategy for the EMR System, including but not limited to training end users on system navigation, data use and information management and overall knowledge management related to the EMR. The EMR Knowledge Management and Training Coordinator reports to the EMR Team Leader in New York.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
Development of training objectives, courseware and material for EMR
● Engage with multi-level end users to identify training needs (including resources, indicators, data sources, data management processes, and use of information)
● Design and develop learning content and resources (written documentation for internal consumption and external publishing, manuals, end user guides, training material, videos, job guides etc.) which will allow the effective and continuous use of the EMR in projects
● Development of training methods and standard operating procedures to improve EMR functioning and use, including group training sessions and on-the-job approaches
Facilitation of end user training and knowledge management for EMR
● Train users on how to use the EMR to record data, extract reports and data exports
● Training and education of users during the initial roll-out and deployment of EMR
● Organize and coordinate the delivery of one-on-one and group trainings for identified end users at EMR implementation locations
● Coordinate and conduct regional trainings of the EMR
● Identify and build out content management space for users to access learning and knowledge material
Training Support and Continuous Improvement of training material and methodology
● Engage and share best practices, lessons learnt and training approaches and content with the Bahmni and OpenMRS community, and implementation teams in other MSF sections
● Work with the project manager and implementation manager to identify needs and improve training methodologies and courseware
● Elicit feedback from users, observe and identify gaps and areas to improve training material, and training delivery methodology continuously
● Long term re-education of end users and user groups to facilitate long term sustainable use of the EMR
● Contribution in the revision and improvement of the tools within the EMR team
● Respond to HQ functional needs for EMR use
● Help respond to support queries from users, especially (around “how-to”s)
● Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5 years of relevant work experience required; Advance degree in public health or related fields such as health systems or health information is preferred.
● Experience on health data analysis at different level for different purposes (evaluation, planning, definition of health priority, epidemic early warning etc)
● Demonstrated ability and experience in:
○ Assessing training needs, creating training content and training various levels of users
○ Designing & writing training programs, especially for clinical and support staff
○ Facilitation of workshops and on the job training ○ Knowledge of e-learning design and delivery using Atlassian, Moodle or similar training and learning management systems is preferred ○ Fluent written and spoken English required
○ Familiarity with OpenMRS and Bahmni preferred
● Knowledge and experience with common relational databases i.e. SQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc., and a good understanding of extracting, transferring and transforming data (ETL), preferred
● Strong representational and interpersonal skills
● A team player but also able to work independently and manage various projects on a daily basis with minimal supervision and to function as an effective member of a multidisciplinary team
● Willingness to travel internationally 30-50% time.
● Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of
How to Apply To apply, send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: “EMR Knowledge Management and Training Coordinator”
No phone calls and emails please. Applications without cover letter will be disregarded. Application Deadline: March 2, 2018.