Jembi DHIS Connector Module master build tests failing

Hi @k.joseph,

The error is:

org.springframework.core.NestedIOException:
  ASM ClassReader failed to parse class file - probably due to a new Java class file version that isn't supported yet:
  class path resource [javax/xml/bind/annotation/adapters/XmlAdapter.class]

And for info it’s triggered by this one test class: DHISConnectorServiceTest.

Googling around brought me here where it is suggested to upgrade to Spring 3.2.9.RELEASE. For reference the module currently depends on Core 1.11.5 and hence on Spring 3.2.7.RELEASE with which the issue occurs.

So anyway, overriding Spring’s version to be 3.2.9.RELEASE does indeed solve the issue. I wonder if this might cause any troubles on your end at runtime in environments that run with Core 1.11.x? I would guess not, but we need to make sure. Or is there any plan to upgrade to Core 2.x? That would just make the problem go away.

For some reason upgrading Spring (spring-core is enough btw) with <scope>test</scope> did produce compile errors elsewhere, and I don’t really understand why a test-scoped dependency was affecting non-test classes. Anyway I can keep digging about that but a few remarks first:

1. Can we clean things up so that this projects builds clean off master?
  2. Can we add a Travis CI config?
  3. Can we add a code formatter to make PRs easier?

Happy to help but I feel like point 1 is your call/responsibility.

Cc @amine @lilian

Hi dear @mksd, thanks a lot for experimenting with dhisconnector, please go ahead and help out, we are a lot tied and would delay the cleaning process. i hope to have some of my free time not far from today to checkout any PRs.

kind regards

Ok great.

What about upping the version to 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT so that version 1.0.0 will be the first Core 2.x-compatible release of the module? And then we would start by upping its dependencies altogether.