Issues and Observations with Forms 2.0 - Observations with Add Section

Context - We are aware that we should not compare Forms 1.0 with 2.0 as forms 2.0 does not claim or intend to have the exact matches as Forms 1.0. The aim is to make the community aware about all of them and also provide suggestions if they feel any/all of these should be fixed and the ways in which they can be fixed.

Description - Below is the list of observations with Add Section

With Forms 1.0, form conditions work with add section, with Forms 2.0, form conditions do not work with add section - We are in process of analysing this

With Forms 1.0, groovy scripts work with add section, with Forms 2.0, groovy scripts does not work with add section - We have fixed this

With Forms 1.0, “Add more” for a section is clearly displayed on UI as “Add Section”. With Forms 2.0, for add section we only have a “+” sign on the section - We have fixed this

• Form conditions are not present in Forms 2.0. You can use events and write javascript. What did your analysis reveal?
  • I wonder what the fix is. Can you please elaborate? Groovy scripts work with observations and not on Form as such. Do you need to decide things based on what form it is? You can still use Groovy scripts. Check with @snehabagri - who shared a comparison file. Groovy scripts also has performance implications as it will be called for every observation being saved. If its for calculations, I would suggest doing that through script at the form level (using onChange events).
  • I am assuming that its just a styling issue. How is it displayed now - after your fix?

If this is fine, we will go ahead and make the change. It has not been done yet.