Issue with Patient Flag Module

I tried to install the openmrs patient flag module: https://addons.openmrs.org/show/org.openmrs.module.patientflags

It installed but could not start. I got this error when I installed the latest version (3.0.1): Error while trying to start module Unable to update data model using liquibase.xml. Module: Patient Flags Module

Can you share the server log using pastebin.com?

1 Like

https://pastebin.com/nT4vcf3K

Which version of MySQL are you running?

I am running 5.7

What does this command return?

SELECT table_schema, table_name, engine, table_collation FROM information_schema.tables WHERE table_name in ('role', 'patientflags_tag_role') AND table_schema = 'openmrs'

table_schema should be the name of your database

openmrs patientflags_tag InnoDB latin1_swedish_ci
openmrs role InnoDB utf8_general_ci

I think the liquidbase is running the Database scripts using latin1_swedish_ci where as my DB expects utf8_general_ci so how do change that from the source.

What is the “connection.url” in your openmrs runtime properties file?

connection.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/openmrs?autoReconnect=true&sessionVariables=default_storage_engine=InnoDB&useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8

Append this: &server.collation-server=utf8_general_ci&server.character-set-server=utf8 to your connection string, restart your openmrs instance, and try again.

I just tested and the same thing happen. did u try out the DB that sent to you?

Can you share your full connection.url?

connection.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/nmrs-with-risk-strat?autoReconnect=true&sessionVariables=default_storage_engine=InnoDB&useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8&server.collation-server=utf8_general_ci&server.character-set-server=utf8

@dkayiwa This problem also happens with installing OpenHMIS inventory module, you can confirm this…

After changing the connection string, can you restart OpenMRS and share the new log?

So the log is module could not start…then when I view the details it is saying that the it could not migrate the liquid base file…

Can you share the new log?

I just did