Is There a Replacement for Cohort getMemberIds()?

I am currently working on the Jira issue REPORT-823 and have run into issues attempting to access the members of a cohort.

From the OpenMRS Core, the Cohort class contains the method getMemberIds() which has been deprecated since 2.1.0 because “cohorts are more complex than just a set of patient ids, so there is no one-line replacement.”

What is the replacement for getting the members of a cohort?

@sstream17, have you tried all these methods below ??

/**
	 * @since 2.1.0
	 * @param includeVoided boolean true/false to include/exclude voided memberships
	 * @return Collection of cohort memberships
	 */
	public Collection<CohortMembership> getMemberships(boolean includeVoided) {
		if (includeVoided) {
			return getMemberships();
		}
		return getMemberships().stream().filter(m -> m.getVoided() == includeVoided).collect(Collectors.toList());
	}

/**
	 * @since 2.1.0
	 */
	public Collection<CohortMembership> getMemberships() {
		if (memberships == null) {
			memberships = new TreeSet<>();
		}
		return memberships;
	}

/**
	 * @since 2.1.0
	 * @param asOfDate date used to return active memberships
	 * @return Collection of cohort memberships
	 */
	public Collection<CohortMembership> getActiveMemberships(Date asOfDate) {
		return getMemberships().stream().filter(m -> m.isActive(asOfDate)).collect(Collectors.toList());
	}

public Collection<CohortMembership> getActiveMemberships() {
		return getActiveMemberships(new Date());
	}

@dkayiwa @mozzy, the Reporting Module’s POM seems to be depending on an older version of OpenMRS. Should I update the POM so the above methods are compatible or would it be better to keep the backwards compatibility and continue to use the deprecated getMemberIds() method?

It depends on whether you want sites running older platform versions to still be in position to use the module, or not. :smile:

1 Like

Okay, I will keep the backwards compatibility and continue to use getMemberIds().