Is the Technical Road Map page sufficient?

A few weeks ago, we had a good conversation on a Developers Forum about the Platform Technical Road Map (Objective 1.1). If you haven’t seen already, you can review notes on the wiki page for the 2016-08-18 Developers Forum.

During the call, I asked a series of questions, some of which were provocative to stimulate conversation. I’m bringing these questions into Talk and look forward to your thoughts & feedback.

Is the Technical Road Map page sufficient?

Here’s feedback from the dev forum:

• More effectively giving people fair warning of upcoming features
    • For example, we created a mailing list long ago to target module authors to notify them of upcoming changes. This could be a Talk forum and/or creating a distribution list via modulus (published modules)
  • Improve accuracy of Road Map page to reflect where efforts/* resources will be directed
    • Indicate what is really scheduled work (currently, things listed * under the next Platform and Refapp releases), versus what’s really * just a backlog (currently, things on the Refapp 2.6+ and Someday * sections)
    • Better reflect reality (e.g., currently largely driven by what * organizations are prioritizing, with a nudge towards * community-priority tickets)
  • Improve documentation and design of wish list (someday) features

Do you have additional thoughts/ideas/feedback on the question above? Please feel free to join the discussion here.

2 Likes

I just asked a question about where the roadmap was - is this the roadmap you were referring to in your other post?

Sort of. We currently don’t have a separate technical road map for the Platform, so the technical road map page at http://om.rs/roadmap incorporates Platform and Reference Application milestones and, on occasion, has been used to track other technical milestones for the community.

1 Like