A few weeks ago, we had a good conversation on a Developers Forum about the Platform Technical Road Map (Objective 1.1). If you haven’t seen already, you can review notes on the wiki page for the 2016-08-18 Developers Forum.
During the call, I asked a series of questions, some of which were provocative to stimulate conversation. I’m bringing these questions into Talk and look forward to your thoughts & feedback.
Is the Technical Road Map page sufficient?
Here’s feedback from the dev forum:
- More effectively giving people fair warning of upcoming features
- For example, we created a mailing list long ago to target module authors to notify them of upcoming changes. This could be a Talk forum and/or creating a distribution list via modulus (published modules)
- Improve accuracy of Road Map page to reflect where efforts/* resources will be directed
- Indicate what is really scheduled work (currently, things listed * under the next Platform and Refapp releases), versus what’s really * just a backlog (currently, things on the Refapp 2.6+ and Someday * sections)
- Better reflect reality (e.g., currently largely driven by what * organizations are prioritizing, with a nudge towards * community-priority tickets)
- Improve documentation and design of wish list (someday) features
Do you have additional thoughts/ideas/feedback on the question above? Please feel free to join the discussion here.