Is it possible to make bahmni-openElis run on tomcat?

I want to integrate the bahmni version of openElis with client side application.I have a usecase where I need to to deploy openElis as standalone on tomcat.Does the openElis code(bahmni-version) support this,If no what are efforts required to run it as standalone as we run the openmrs. There are several talks but nothing is clear,I created this to take suggestion of @dkayiwa @darius @angshuonline

I try many time to build the openElis-bahmni but it’s does not build on window machine.I got the war file from bahmni-developer but that does not start in tomcat. Please provide some detail about this. Thanks

@naveed1228 unfortunately none of us have any experience building OpenELIS on windows, or deploying it standalone on tomcat. So I’m not really sure if anyone can help with this.

Just to check, you specifically need the Bahmni version of OpenELIS, but without Bahmni?

Yes,we are thinking to keep the architecture of our project simple as possible.We have developed the Client web Application in Angular according to our required case study. We are able to run the atom-feed module on openmrs and also trying to modify the bahmni-core to make it runable on the openmrs. Right now we want to make openElis run on tomcat and acheived the synchronization as bahmni did. This is story from our side.

Please if you have any other solution than this.Please let us know by your valuable advice. Thanks

I guess I would say that if you’re trying to have an OpenMRS-based EMR linked to OpenELIS via atom feeds, you should just run Bahmni itself. (It’s open source, you can even fork and modify it if need be.)

Alternately, if you don’t specifically need the Bahmni version of OpenELIS, you could look at the main line at https://github.com/openelisglobal/openelisglobal-core (and perhaps they would be able to help you figure out how to build/run it on Windows).

1 Like

@darius I have setup the centos6.9 for the openElis this time I am able to build the war file but deploying it on tomcat show me the error 404 not found again.

We are trying to do the same, but not specifically on windows. We are trying in ubuntu. Any leads would be helpful to achieve this.

Hi @chandhana

You are trying to build OpenELIS code on Ubuntu, or trying to deploy OpenELIS on tomcat? Can you elaborate what you tried, and what you hope to achieve?

OpenELIS is already now packages as a docker container. You should be able to run it safely that way. If you want to make code changes to OpenELIS, then you can make them, build your own war, create a “new container” and use it.

Can you plz elaborate your needs, and we can try and guide you.

We are trying to build OpenElis and deploy it to tomcat in ubuntu. We want to have OpenElis working on our local Windows machine, in a Ubuntu terminal.

We are following the steps given in this repo:

“ant dist” works well without any problems. “ant setupDB dist”, this also works well, with creation of DB in postgres and creation of war file “./scripts/vagrant-deploy.sh” this does not work properly, the build is successful but we are facing problem in creating the directory and going into and finding the war file in it, the error we are getting:

mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/mnt/c/Users/Amaresh.C/Desktop/OpenElis-master new/OpenElis-master/…//OpenElis/openelis/dist/openelis’: No such file or directory ./scripts/vagrant-deploy.sh: line 10: cd: /mnt/c/Users/Amaresh.C/Desktop/OpenElis-master new/OpenElis-master/…//OpenElis/openelis/dist/: No such file or directory unzip: cannot find or open openelis.war, openelis.war.zip or openelis.war.ZIP. ./scripts/vagrant-deploy.sh: line 13: cd: /mnt/c/Users/Amaresh.C/Desktop/OpenElis-master new/OpenElis-master/…//bahmni-vagrant/: No such file or directory ./scripts/vagrant-deploy.sh: line 15: run_in_vagrant: command not found ./scripts/vagrant-deploy.sh: line 16: run_in_vagrant: command not found ./scripts/vagrant-deploy.sh: line 17: run_in_vagrant: command not found ./scripts/vagrant-deploy.sh: line 18: run_in_vagrant: command not found ./scripts/vagrant-deploy.sh: line 19: run_in_vagrant: command not found

What is a solution for this, do we need to run this “./scripts/vagrant-deploy.sh”, can we directly deploy the openelis war in the tomcat and view it our localhost? If so, in which port can we access it? Can someone explain it to us.?

The vagrant-deploy.sh script is old. and was designed to be used to deploy Openelis into a bahmni vagrant box (which is based on CentOS, not Ubuntu). You can ignore that script.

If I understand you correctly, you are running an Ubuntu Virtual Box on Windows, and want to run Bahmni (and OpenELIS) inside the Ubuntu Virtual Box. is this correct?

Did you try running docker option of Bahmni inside the Virtual Box, does that work?

Ideally you should be able to deploy WAR file into Ubtuntu running a tomcat (make sure tomcat version and java version are compatible with OpenELIS). But very few people have tried this. Maybe @angshuonline has some inputs on this.

@angshuonline Hi Angshuman, we are trying to deploy the war file of the Bahmni related OpenElis (GitHub - Bahmni/OpenElis: Fork of OpenELIS for managing Lab workflows (Tests, Results, Samples, etc).) that we built using “ant dist”. Can you guide us on how to do this, and which port does this run on? we ultimately wish to view OpenElis on our local without using docker, we only want to host this on apache tomcat and view it on localhost. Thanks in advance!