Introducing My Self to Community

Hello, I am Nadeeshan Gimhana, an undergraduate studying Computer Science and Engineering of the University of Moratuwa and I like to program in Java and Python; in addition, I have basic JS, Php knowledge. Often times, I want to do something for open source software. I think this is a great opportunity for me to start.

My GitHub profile is: Github My blog profile is: Medium

Experiences I have some experience in Android and Firebase. I developed a computerized maintenance management system using Php, Vue.JS, and SemanticUI, and now. In addition, I have hands-on experience in Spring and Angular also.

Interests In my internship period, I got the chance to work within the Health care domain. I developed a Notification Platform using Cerner/Epic systems using those as data sources. So I have experiences in Healthcare domain and hence would like to contribute OpenMRS as my GSOC 2019.

So how do I get a head start to the project? I would like to involve fixing some newbie bugs/new features to understand the code base first.

I appreciate someone can guide me.

Thanks and Best Regards, Gimhana

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, though the link for introducing yourself to the community is this.

1 Like

heilo welcome to the community kindly look at this to get moving https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer

1 Like

helo Gimhanna, yo most welcome and kindly follow the links from juliet and herbert to get started with OpenMRS

Thanks and will look into those now