Interested Contributors, Get Ready for GSoC 2023

Sure I got same issue too. I think Jira might be facing one or more slow downs we hope it normalize tommorow

@shashank01 did you get a chance to look at this comment?

thank you!! now understood

You are welcome :smile:

Hey @suubi7 ! Yep issue with jira is solved now.

Hi @everyone please could someone help me with the exact openMRS IRC channel link, also for slack if any. Thanks

Find the GSoC channel via this link. OpenMRS IRC is not so commonly used by community members so I would recommend you use OpenMRS talk forum for any discussion/support

Hello everyone, I am Aman Kumar, a 2nd-year Electrical Engineering UG at the Indian Institute of Technology, Indore, Madhya Pradesh India. I am a tech enthusiast and a full-stack developer. I have experience in Tech Stacks including HTML, CSS, React, and Typescript. I am very excited by the technologies used by OpenMRS and would be very fortunate to work with great people on this. I am interested in contributing to GSoC 2023 [ O3: Migrate vanilla React forms to RHF ]. My GitHub profile URL is aman-kumar29 (Aman Kumar) · GitHub.

1 Like

Hello everyone! I am really excited and looking forward to work with the community . I viewed all the project ideas and they were pretty interesting to work on. I like to work on the need for Responsiveness and tablet based for this organization. I have good hands on React and JS and hope these skills could help the organization to grow more.

1 Like

Hello @kdaud,

Greetings! I hope this message finds you well. I was wondering if there is a specific format for writing proposals for OpenMRS. I have explored the options available and have decided to pursue the project titled OpenMRS Android Client: Add more features from the web app.

Could you please guide me on the further steps that I need to take from my side? I am a newcomer to GSoC and OpenMRS and am eager to learn more and contribute my skills towards this project and don’t want to stay new anymore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Though the project idea was brought up but we do not have a dedicated mentor for it so I recommend you go through the available projects at Summer of Code 2023 - Resources - OpenMRS Wiki and pick one that interests you.

Have you had a chance to take a look at? GSoC - Proposal Guidelines - Resources - OpenMRS Wiki

I am trying to login into OpenMRS Jira issues page but i unable to. please any urgent help will be appreciated

What error do you get?

Sorry, your username and password are incorrect - please try again. I also tried my OpenMRS account login too

@adam7 Kindly which page are you trying login?

@jwnasambu Log in - OpenMRS Issues

Are you able to login now?

@jwnasambu nope still the same

KIndly use your username adam7 to login.

that is what i used initially