installing mysql server 5.7

i installed but mysql 5.7 but it’s not being recogonized… where could the problem be? @odorajonathan @herbert24

1 Like

look for your installation folder called MySQL,then get to the bin folder then run your command for example C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\bin>mysql -u root -p

2 Likes

it is giving me this result

C:\Users\Admin>C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7\bin>mysql -u georgejr -p ‘C:\Program’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

@georgejr have you clicked on the button just below MySQL connections? What is the output? because it must let you to a login to your database.

1 Like

thats wat it shows me

yes your MySQL is okay then.

1 Like

i was just giving you an example,just look for your mysql installation folder,then get the path of the bin folder,from that point you will be able to acces the database

2 Likes

@herbert24 @odorajonathan it has finally worked

i typed on my cmd “C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7\bin>mysql -u root -p” and then entered password.

1 Like

okay then thats awesome!!

1 Like

@herbert24 @dkayiwa @odorajonathan this is what i got when trying to run the server

https://pastebin.com/3Duw2A8a

@georgejr Did you already set your MySQL for example with wamp or xamp prior to setting up the server?

1 Like

@georgejr is RefApp 2.9.0 is not released yet choose a lower version.

2 Likes

let me try that

yeah i did

first try what @jwnasambu is saying and we see, could the solution

@geargejr according to your logs,i am seeing your connectiong to root as the database.did you create any database called root?

@georgejr what are the contents mysql config file ?

did you look into " Failed to connect to the specified database jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/root?autoReconnect=true&sessionVariables=default_storage_engine%3DInnoDB&useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8 ->"

and The distribution requires MySQL database. Please specify database uri (-DdbUri) (default: ‘jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/@DBNAME@’): jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/root

This is his error https://pastebin.com/3Duw2A8a

@jwnasambu i tried doing this but it still failed

@tendomart i don’t understand this result Failed to connect to the specified database jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/root?autoReconnect=true&sessionVariables=default_storage_engine%3DInnoDB&useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8 ->

for this ( The distribution requires MySQL database. Please specify database uri (-DdbUri) (default: ‘jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/@DBNAME@’): jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/root), i tried to run without “root” but it didn’t work out well.