Installing mysql 5.6

Hi Everyone,

I successfully ran the command mvn clean package Now i need to install the mysql server Is it compulsory to install 5.6 version of MYSQL MySQL :: Download MySQL Installer Is this link okay or can you please provide me some other link.

I am facing the following problem of connector Could you please suggest me some solution

Thanks and Regards, Aditya Chaudhari

Am running the current snapshot version of the OpenMRS reference application on MySQL version 8.0.20

I am running installing mysql version 5.6 and in that it automatically downloads all those products in which the connector is failing

Can you try the latest version of MySQL?

okay i will try

But i would also recommend version 5.6 because i struggled with other versions for many days until i accepted someone’s advice and the server ran smoothly and successfully @adityac1305

All versions from 5.6 to the latest (8) should work fine with the master branch of the platform.

1 Like

yeah I also got recommended for the same version by one of my friend in community . But I am getting the above error in connector. Could you suggest me some solution why that error was caused.

yeah I tried the latest version of mysql and it worked thanks

I downloaded mysql version 8 latest

but while creating the simple Installation I am putting the password and importing demo data that option I am ticking yes

I am also putting the correct password as I can also connect with that password to Mysql

Then I get this kind of error

Unable to create the database. The password might be incorrect or the database is not started.

???Error executing sql: create database if not exists ? default character set utf8 - Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.???

I am putting the correct password as I am hereby attaching my entry into mysql

Could Someone Please help me with this error ?

Thanks

Is the password you are proving the one for root?

Can you share the server side log via pastebin.com?

yes the password I am providing is the one for root

This is the Server side log I am getting

Server side log

https://pastebin.com/31ewmDnz

When did you last update your openmrs-core code?

I did not update the openmrs code anytime

All you need is update your code with the latest upstream changes, compile, and run again.

Could you please tell me how to do that ?

https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Using+Git

Hi I sticked with 5.48 version mySQL but then it was connected But after sometime it gave me error