Install OpenMRS

(Paola Magro) #1

I’m trying to install OpenMRS on my pc, but I can’t and it gives me this error.

OpenMRS is not able to start.

The following error occurred at startup:

Unable to start OpenMRS. Error thrown was: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘conversionService’: Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire field: java.util.Set org.openmrs.module.uiframework.UiFrameworkConversionServiceFactoryBean.springManagedConverters; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘stringToAppDescriptorConverter’: Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire field: private org.openmrs.module.appframework.service.AppFrameworkService org.openmrs.module.appui.converter.StringToAppDescriptorConverter.appFrameworkService; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No qualifying bean of type [org.openmrs.module.appframework.service.AppFrameworkService] found for dependency: expected at least 1 bean which qualifies as autowire candidate for this dependency. Dependency annotations: {@org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.Autowired(required=true)} Related cause: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘appFrameworkService’ defined in URL

…etc. Can someone help me? Thank you, Paola

(tendo kiiza Martyn) #2

@paolamagro can you please give the details of your environment and procedure .

(CLIFF GITA) #3

Helo paoal, have u tried following this link:https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer

(Juliet Wamalwa) #4

@paolamagro, @tendomart is asking you to share the operating system, maven, JDK and git versions that you are running.

(Paola Magro) #5

Hi tendomart! I’m using a MacOs Mojave version 10.14.3, I downloaded Java JDK 11.0.2, MySQL 8.0.15, tomcat was provided in the standalone package.

(Paola Magro) #6

Ehi gliff thank you for your help. I’m not a developer, i just to run it to use it as a researcher, to check databases and insert new patients. I tried to follow the steps in your link but it didn’t work…Suggestions?

(Paola Magro) #7

Hi jwnasambu! I’m using a MacOs Mojave version 10.14.3, I downloaded Java JDK 11.0.2, MySQL 8.0.15, tomcat was provided in the standalone package. I don’t know what maven is…i just need to run this program to use it for research (browse database and insert data).

(Daniel Kayiwa) #8

Downgrade your Java to version 1.8 and MySQL to version 5.7

(Paola Magro) #9

tried to downgrade to java 8 and MySQL 5.7…but still not working

(Daniel Kayiwa) #10

What does but still not working mean?

(CLIFF GITA) #11

Sorry paola, my apologies

(tendo kiiza Martyn) #12

@paolamagro Am not sure of how MacOS manages caches @dkayiwa do you think he needs to do some cache cleaning on his Unix instance before his re-installation?

(Daniel Kayiwa) #13

What does not working mean?

(Paola Magro) #14

gcliff thank you for your help!

(Paola Magro) #15

it just gave me the same error i sent you in the first place

(Daniel Kayiwa) #16

Can you share the current server log on using Java version 1.8 and MySQL version 5.7?