We received an email alerting us that all machines need to migrated out of XSEDE until 31st December. Like, this year So I will need all hands on deck to turn this ship! I didn't realise we wouldn't be able to keep a couple resources there for longer.
Due to that, I took a lot of liberties and created a bunch of machines in jetstream.
All new machines have a mysql running in docker. As we do plan to move mysql to a cluster, I'd ask all applications to have a configuration with the URL and credentials for the database, so we can migrate to the cluster later with minimal effort. Also, data should go to either docker volumes or /data.
1) @rkapali and @sparshadotel, I know I've asked you to start with the mysql cluster, but now that changed priority drastically. I'd kindly ask you to commit any code you've created to a branch, or any comments you have in our wiki, and please help me move JIRA to jetstream first. I granted you access to jira.openmrs.org (NOTE this is prod, and it's shared with other services!!) and there's now jira-new.openmrs.org for you. I need this JIRA version to be updated as well.
I'd prefer to not dockerize it.
2) @r0bby, I created ambam.openmrs.org (with two extra dns entries, crowd-new and id-new). Would you think you'd be able to deploy in an automated fashion (upgraded) crowd, mongodb, openldap and dashboard to the new machine in the next month or so? I'm quite alright to use ID 2.1, even if that means SSO with Helpdesk is lost.
3) @harshavenu99, I know you wanted to start with backups, but do you think you'd be able to tackle Confluence? If so, I'm going to deploy your key to current wiki (wiki.openmrs.org) and new machine (wiki-new.openmrs.org).
I will be working on Bamboo agents, http redirects (moving them to our dns provider or something), static assets (move to S3/cloudfront).
We'll need to migrate as well:
- Bamboo server (need another port open on firewall/security group for agents to connect)
- sonarqube (I believe it will share the VM with Bamboo)
- atlas.openmrs.org: requires changing the docker image, probably going to thika vm
- yourls (om.rs): needs to be dockerised, probably going to thika vm
I'm a little bit worried as well with test environments.
@raff and @darius, do you think you guys could find someone willing to dockerise (some of) them? If there's a docker-compose, it's easy to deploy. I was told mdsbuilder needs backups, but I'm not sure how it works.
Not affected at this moment:
- chatbots in ndu