Nature of Job: Full Time , Permanent Detailed Job Description and to Apply: https://jobs.thoughtworks.com/India/JobDetail?id=1689
About Bahmni Bahmni is an open source EMR & hospital system, built on top of the OpenMRS platform by ThoughtWorks Global Health. It serves the needs of hospitals run by NGO and MoH in Global South (More Details: www.bahmni.org) Bahmni has been implemented at various hospitals and clinics, at point of care, in multiple countries. Scaling Bahmni to amplify the impact is core to the vision of the product. This is translating to expected year-on-year growth in Implementations & Support.
Bahmni Implementation Engineer To contribute in Bahmni’s implementations and their support to create great customer experience for ThoughtWorks’ clients. You will be responsible configuring, customising, deploying Bahmni and training users to meet the needs of the hospitals/clinics. You will get opportunity to work in a great environment at ThoughtWorks office.
Responsibilities towards Bahmni implementations which includes “Needs assessment” Configuration and Customisation Rollout Support Post Deployment and go live
- Working knowledge of Linux i.e. ability to read/understand simple shell scripts, familiarity with common linux commands, file-system/user/process concepts.
- Basic understanding of networks. Ability to do very basic network diagnostics and maintenance.
- Basic understanding of how browser and server interact with each other over the network.
- Familiarity with configuring end user devices running Android and Windows.
- Analytical skills to be able to understand hospital processes and its mapping to software software systems.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to communicate, explain and teach basic computers and Bahmni to hospital staff (includes people who have never used a computing device)
- Ability to communicate with development team
- Flexible to travel for few weeks to safe but remote parts in Indian and outside India.
ThoughtWorks is a global IT consultancy providing Agile-based systems development and consulting services. We’ve pioneered many of the most advanced and successful Agile methods of software development and best practices used in the industry today.
In other words, we build (amazing) software. It’s amazing because we build it with a complete obsession on doing the right thing for the user and the customer, and some quirky methods to get us there really quickly. It’s also amazing because it’s the stuff which makes or breaks companies; software which creates competitive advantage.
We see building software as a social activity, best done by teams of brilliant people, not a mechanistic process where individuals are interchangeable cogs in a master plan. Our hiring model focuses on finding outstanding talent, over the mastery of tools.